You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: FAKE: A clip of THYME may have leaked.

war wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Generally Axl's scream is a lot raspier than that isn't it?

the beginning of the scream sounds like axl and that is the part that is hard to immitate cause it is the pronunciation part that's as unique as the singer's speaking voice. it sounds like a decent tune too. the solo sounds like slash to me to be honest. not saying it is though. cause we haven't heard any of the other guys play buesy like that it is hard to say who it is if it is gnr.  it could be any of them. i guess i'd go with robin if i had to guess.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

its not guns n roses
all the fake leaks never have axl singing
why do you think the leak cuts out right before the vocals.

war

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

its not guns n roses

one theory that comes to mind is that someone is threatening to leak the rest if they don't get what they want.

didn't a clip of chinese democracy leak before the full version did?

dave-gnfnr2k

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
war wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

its not guns n roses

one theory that comes to mind is that someone is threatening to leak the rest if they don't get what they want.

But that clip had vocals with axl singing, this does not. its just a scream.

war

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
war wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

its not guns n roses

i seem to remember the first clip stopping before the vocals started. am i wrong? the posting of this says the full song will leak in two weeks as if to be a threat.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
war wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

its not guns n roses

From what I recall, the part of Chinese Democracy that leaked was the intro with the Chinese "talking" and it ended after the intro chords were hit.  No Axl singing there.

Looking at the IDv2 Tag, it says the Composer was Arthur Fridman and encoded using iTunes v7.6.2.  That could be a further clue to indicate that it's fan made.  Of course, anyone could've filled that in, but it can also be imported by default when using recording software.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Yep, it leaked in almost the same way, only they had the screaming, cut a portion of the song out, and then played some of the lyrics. if this is real, i really fucking hope it fully leaks. this sounds great.

Edit: i was playing around with the song in Audacity, messed with the EQ and tried to isolate the scream. I wasn't completely successful, but it sounds a lot like Axl.

dave-gnfnr2k

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Backslash wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
war wrote:

From what I recall, the part of Chinese Democracy that leaked was the intro with the Chinese "talking" and it ended after the intro chords were hit.  No Axl singing there.

Looking at the IDv2 Tag, it says the Composer was Arthur Fridman and encoded using iTunes v7.6.2.  That could be a further clue to indicate that it's fan made.  Of course, anyone could've filled that in, but it can also be imported by default when using recording software.

That was the 2nd clip of CD to leak, the first was the "cause it would take a lot more...." part

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Er, leave a present in my box if something happens in the next few hours, im off to play some Trackmania Nations Forever (Free game, get it off Steam at www.steampowered.com, im Dadud in game)

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

There 's no way that's GnR. Sounds like a poor hack job at a Metallica tune guitar part. If it is GnR fuggetabout CD, it just went in the shitter.

CD did leak with just guitar. It had the beginning, then the first 3 chords a couple times. I think it cut off right when Axl's scream came in.

Edit: An Arthur Fridman comes up as author in my Windows Media Player, I googled "Arthur Fridman+guitar" and came across this post http://www.guitarsite.com/discussion/me … 3884.shtml :

Posted by Arthur Fridman (from: ) on March 11, 2003 at 10:15:52:

In Reply to: Are Dillion guitars good? posted by Johnny on March 04, 2002 at 16:05:58:

: Are Dillion guitars good? Are they really as good as Gibsons but with lower price?

I have several guitars. Among them are 1 Gibson L.P Standard 1980, a Gibson L.P Special II 2000 a 10 year old great sounding Tokai L.P Pro & a Dillion DP650. To make a long-story short the Dillion guitar is the smoothest sounding of any of these instruments stock! I am not saying it has the most complex or even the tighest sound, but the configuration from Dillion is easier on the guitar player. Please read the reviews from harmonycentral.com & you will see that people like Tracii Guns(founder of G-N-R & L.A Guns)& many others in the industry like these instruments alot. Remeber I am not talking about indorsed on-stage instruments, I am talking about instruments professionals like to play with.

I think it's fan made.

Board footer