You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Weiland on the howard stern show

James wrote:
Rex wrote:

People that think Slash is a one trick pony haven't heard all his material.

I'm 33 years old. Listened to GNR since I was 12. Trust me, I've heard Slash's material.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if you listen to both guys soloing away i personally think slash would have the edge...i have not heard anything by Soundgarden that is in slash league as far as solo's traditional lead guitar work...as far as a grungey experimental slimmed down guitar sound? i dont think slash could mimick what thayill does...i dunno its apples and oranges IMO...i cannot picture Thayill up on stage ripping away to a rock guitar solo type of thing hmm maybe i havent heard enough SG but i cant recall a single mind blowing solo by him...tell me something to check out if i'm totally clueless on this point...like i said i've never been much of a SG fan, nothing interested me enough to delve too deeply into their catalogue...Jesus Christ POse is fnatastic, spoonman, black hole sun, rusty cage, blow up the outside world...proly my fav SG tunes but none of them are mind blowing from a guitarists standpoint...they are there but i cant say much more than that...sorry...so yeah unless i'm missing thayill's opus i dunno what else  to say hmm

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Rex wrote:

I'm 33 years old. Listened to GNR since I was 12. Trust me, I've heard Slash's material.

GN'R is a fraction of Slash's material.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Rex wrote:

Don't be a smart ass.

Neemo, I'll send you a couple albums.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Don't be a smart ass.

Neemo, I'll send you a couple albums.

yeah i upped Soundgarden to my top band on my Yahoo Launch station but i only got Jerry Garcia's finger played today... hmm

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

They should get back together. Release the album. Pick up Bucket and Brain to do a limited amount of CD Tour dates where they play the fuck out of the album and some of those 100 songs that were "recorded". The take a month off and hit the press with the news that Guns N' Roses will be touring with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and pick a drummer and bam the world is right and there will be no more global warming.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Robin's Stone Temple Pilots Concert Stories. 06/02/08. 6:25am
Robin said that she went to see the Stone Temple Pilots show at Jones Beach and it took them an hour to get on stage so people were wondering if Scott Weiland was up to something.

Robin said that Scott Weiland was having some trouble putting some words together when he was apologizing to the audience at the Stone Temple Pilots show. Howard said he would love to interview him again and ask him why he was late to start that show. He said that he wonders what he had to do that was so important that he had to start the show late.

Robin said that she heard that Scott was just sitting in his dressing room refusing to come out for an hour. Howard said that it must be great to be a loon like that. He said that he'd never be able to do something like that. He said he must need that attention and he must love to attract attention.

Howard said he'd love to know what he had to do that was so important. Scott the Engineer came in and said that his son was at that concert and they had some kind of texting thing up on the stage where people could text and get their messages shown. One person wrote that ''Robin Quivers was sitting in front of me with some white guy.'' Robin said she had forgotten about that. She said that people were actually texting back and forth and arguing with each other.

www.marksfriggin.com

Board footer