You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Bush plans Iran strike by August

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

All our enemies over the years should realize this before pissing us off. The US has a LONG history of occupying the territory its in conflict with. Next time a dictator wants to thumb his nose at us, he better take that into consideration.

so the thousands and thousands of deaths in iraq mean nothing but the couple thousand us deaths are a big deal? what kind of hillbilly backward logic is that?

i had no problem with the US trying to wipe out the al qaeda, where i get lost is when all of a sudeen they turned into going balls out for Saddam...so since Saddam pissed of the presidents father that means you can go on a murderous warpath? thats fucked up dude

they didnt even finish their job in afghanistan before turning attention to Iraq....the man responsible for the 9/11 attack is still out there, but someone who wasnt even related to the attacks is dead so thats a good thing i suppose

like i said trying to be a cowboy and flex his muscles...everyone knows the US is the most powerful military nation , i dont think you have to kill thousands upon thousands of innocents to prove your military might

that death toll is almost 5 times the size of the entire US occupation forces...idunno maybe i'm jsut being a "spoiled teenage son Canadian" here and i dont appreciate all the people that have been killed so my cost of living could increase .... thanks for creating world strife george...you rock 9

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

all this death cuz of sept 11.....where 2,752 people died....where is the fucking logic in that 17

If one american was killed in that, I would still advocate the complete annihilation of those responsible.

thats what i'm getting at here...they gave up on finding those responsible and decided to attack someone completely irrelevant to the situation instead cuz they didnt want to deal with the guerilla warfare

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

All our enemies over the years should realize this before pissing us off. The US has a LONG history of occupying the territory its in conflict with. Next time a dictator wants to thumb his nose at us, he better take that into consideration.

so the thousands and thousands of deaths in iraq mean nothing but the couple thousand us deaths are a big deal? what kind of hillbilly backward logic is that?

Of course the US deaths are a "big deal". This isn't the Carter era where dicks get sucked each time someone kills or captures an american.

In conflict, there are going to be deaths. The only person who should grieve over the Iraqi deaths are those responsible for us having to go there in the first place. Saddam could have buckled under at any time, but instead continued bluffing acting like he had WMD.

I don't agree with the Iraqi war, and in my opinion other countries should have been on the "hit list" long before Iraq(Somalia, Phillippines, Indonesia,etc.). However, we are there now regardless of what major blunders were made in going there. If bombing areas heavily populated by civilians will bring this war to a quick end, then start dropping the bombs instead of pussy footing around.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Saddam could have buckled under at any time, but instead continued bluffing acting like he had WMD.

oh yeah i remember that now...he did allow UN inspectors in the country though...i'm kinda fuzzy on how that all went down, i jsut remember that there was no conclusive eveidence that iraq had WMD

Randall Flagg wrote:

Canada enjoys its culture, freedom and security almost entirely to the US.

right, cuz Canadians did nothing in the wars that actually mattered, we offered no help in WW1, WW2 or the Korean war...we helped in desert storm

in fact i think that the US forces would have been up shit creek without a paddle in WW2 without Canadians tongue

sorry that i keep returnign to this post by flagg but i think its way out of line that you are so anti Canadian in there... talk about believing the propganda , but whatever you may want to believe, Canadians ahve been fighting and dying in Afghanistan since the US was no longer interested in tracking down the guy who actually helped orchestrate the 9/11 attacks

one thing i can tell you...Canada isnt responsible for the super high gas prices nor the current economic state of the USA

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't remember all the details. Been too many years since reading about it. We know he had chemical weapons in the 80's because he used them. Whatever weapons he had saved from that point were likely destroyed in the massive bombing in 1991. However, he continued running his mouth like he had enough to kill the whole world. He never backtracked. I guess he thought it would be a big enough deterrent to prevent a US invasion. He was obviously wrong.

I agree with you about Canada. I have no idea where this anti canadian sentiment is coming from. Canada has helped us in just about every single conflict this country has been in, and have also had loss of life in each of those conflicts.

Other than the UK, Canada is probably our strongest ally. Canada would follow us into the gates of hell if necessary, and they most definitely shouldn't be shit on because of their loyalty to the US.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Canada is our most important ally, economically, diplomatically, and militarily. It kills me to see how much Bush and the current administration thank and credit Great Britain (even calling it our greatest ally) while Canada gets little respect.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm so close to Canada, in fact people often insult Buffalo as "wannabe Canada" but I really have a much greater respect for them, minus Quebec, then for any of the other US allies.

Can we at least agree that France sucks?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Canada is no where near our most important ally.  I hold no ill will towards canada, great place, almost identical to the US, but it's not out most important ally.  It's economy contributes almost nill to the US comparitively, it's military is of no substanantial impact.  I'm not discounting those candadians that have lost their lives in wars with the US, but c'mon now, it's a fact that England and Austrailia are our most important allies.

Why would you consider Canada our most important ally?  I mean, Canada is more "American" than any other nation, but ally is defined as in what nation best helps the US and I can't see how you can objectively call Canada our best ally?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

so i suppose that having a huge economic investment in buisnesses canada, and the agriculture and meat we supply, the oil feilds, the mines for nickle and copper, coal

i dont beleive you think canada has no economic value to the USA hmm

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

We have far more coal and oil fields than any other nation, our lovely liberal community just throws a tantrum anytime it's mentioned we use them.  Neemo, I'm not hating on Canada, but everything you mentioned, the US has more of and even exports.  I'm just saying, all things considered, Britain is the US's greatest ally.  Don't take it personally.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well canada could be self sufficient as well but they export and import...i think its stupid but its economics

anyway i dont care who you think is the states greatest ally, i do think you are running down my country for no good reason though other than i called your president a jackass...

Canada is a large consumer of US priducts and service, and we export alot of stuff to you guys as you in return export to us... without canad ayour current economic situation would be worse than it already is

like why do we get American produce and the USA gets canadian produce...figure that one out...i'm not sure but i dont think that England is aas bigger of purchase of USA goods than canada is...i'm pretty sure they arent

its you writing off Canada like we dont deserve to exist that bothers me

actually check out wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of … _by_nation

for 2004 it says there that Canada is the USA's largest market for Exports....$189,101 million and 23.12% of all exports..the United Kingdom sits at a whopping $35,960 Million & 4.40%

Canada is also listed as the Biggest importer to the USA at $255,928 million & 17.41% of all its imports where UK imports $46,402 million 3.16%

but yeah we have no economic bearing on your country

Board footer