You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Gilby talks about reunion rumours

Backslash wrote:

No major revelations, but news nonetheless.

GILBY CLARKE Comments On Possibility Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion - Oct. 18, 2007
Ronny North of the Guitar Jam Daily recently conducted an interview former GUNS N' ROSES rhythm guitarist Gilby Clarke. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Ronny North: Everyone knows that you were in GUNS N' ROSES and that whole story. Did you start singing or playing guitar first? Tell us what got you into playing music and a little about your first band and about your former band CANDY that you were in before GUNS. Any chance of a CANDY reunion??? Care to comment about the GN'R reunion rumors?

Gilby Clarke: "I moved from Ohio to California when I just started high school. I found that music was a great way to make new friends in California. I had just started playing guitar at that time. In my first band I played guitar and sang. I joined CANDY as a guitarist. CANDY was a local Hollywood band that was just starting to draw around town. We were headlining clubs like the Whiskey, Troubadour and the Roxy without a deal. We eventually got a deal, made a record, toured and lived the life. CANDY did all these things without a manager, agent, etc., we got all those things once we got signed, but that's when everything fell apart. I've noticed even though I've had managers, agents, etc.,I've gotten all my best gigs without them. All my bands including CANDY, KILL FOR THRILLS and my solo deals, I got with out representation. I got the GN'R gig, ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA on my own too.

"As far as reunions go? Who knows what's gonna happen with GN'R, I guess that's what makes it still interesting. Even when the band was at its peak, we never knew what the future held, so why would we now? "

Click here to read the full interview.

(Thanks: GnrDaily.com)

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=83013

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Should a reunion ever happen I really don't see Gilby being involved, especially now Axl and Izzy are on good terms.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

too bad we can't merge it.

AtariLegend wrote:
Backslash wrote:

too bad we can't merge it.

Well at least people who are interested know where they can read the full interview....

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Kinda makes me feel bad for Gilby, with everyone asking him his opinons on a possible reunion in the future, when he knows, and we know, he wouldnt be a part of.

You never know, he could be if ever, depends on how gradious the reunion would be.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if every gnr member past or present played at a future possible reunion show, then they could make it a 3 day event 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

I'd like to see Gilby come out and play a song or two for a reunion tour just like Izzy does these days with Axl's current band.

bba

Board footer