You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Possible GNR reunion and tour with STP hinted by Slash? Cont'd

Gnfnraxl
Hi y all.  I just wnated to share this with you guys and maybe give hope to James that he won't have to eat that infamous elephant turd.  I found this on yahoo. 

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/ … ookup=true

If this is true then this could be a HUGE tour.  I don't know if this was reported before or how true it is.  But basically it says that Slash has hinted at a GNR reunion and tour alongside STP.  Only time will tell if this is true.  While this is not the scenario that most of us would've wanted, it would put an end to the fiasco and joke that CD has become.

Doubletalkingjive
I think it's BS.   There isn't any source what so ever where Slash has hinted this and nothing by what I have seen in the news mentions anything like this.   I just think it's someone typing a caption under a pic.

PASnow
Well a few things. It's in a list of "20 possible reunions" Right there alone it tells you they're reaching for material, they also mention Pink Floyd. Secondly, "Slash has hinted" I think refers to his statements about possibly reuniting "someday" (Although I am curious as to where the author got the impression Slash hinted about touring WITH STP?? I never heard him mention or imply that. Which leads me to believe it's his own, naive, uneducated guess). Thirdly, if GnR did reunite, as great as a co-headling tour with STP would be, I don't see it happening. Would Axl really want to tour with Scott, and have a VR set with no Nu-GnR?  I see a potential GnR reunion down the line. I definitely see STP together by 2009. I don't see them touring together.

All in all, I think the author is just re-hashing earlier statements Slash made about GnR getting back together someday (not necisarily in the near future or with STP). Thanks for posting though, some pretty cool other stuff on there (Wu-Tang, Rage)

Doubletalkingjive
I didn't even notice that, great catch Pasnow "20 possible reunions"  This is definitely specuation for sure

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I know its all dreams and speculation...but damn....immagine GNR with STP on tour together...god that would be awesome...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I know its all dreams and speculation...but damn....immagine GNR with STP on tour together...god that would be awesome...

Wouldn't have problems filling the place that's for sure. It won't happen ut you never know. If that era of Guns does reform I don't think they will take a band like STP out with them.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

GNR will reunite, but I dont think Axl and Scott could co-exist on a tour together. That would almost be GNR/Metallica all over again.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wasnt that a hypothetical suggestion during that interview hmm

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

Axl and Scott would have each other dead before the first show.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah but Axl could just do his "rock up and go straight to stage thing" like we see he did abit in 2006-7 from that video that leaked on youtube.

That way he could avoid scott entirely.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I think this tour would eclipse just about any other in sales. 

And how amazing would it be to see both of them at the same time.  11

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

I'd pay top dollar to see a GN'R reunion with STP opening up for them.

Would be completely badass.

bba

Board footer