You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: VR new singer news (sort of) from snakepit .org

Neemo wrote:

From http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

By now you must have heard that Scott Weiland, lead singer for Velvet Revolver, has been dismissed from the band. SLASH cited personal differences as well as frequently erratic behavior by Scott onstage. Weiland is back to fronting Stone Temple Pilots, and Velvet Revolver is back to searching for a singer. Some fans have been speaking out, especially in a poll conducted by Rolling Stone online. Chris Cornell, who formerly fronted Soundgarden and Audioslave, came in as the #1 choice. As you might expect, fans named Buckcherry's frontman, Josh Todd second. This is highly unlikely as SLASH is not a great admirer of Todd. Bringing up the rest of the Top 5 were Sebastian Bach, Eric Dover of SLASH's Snakepit and Izzy Stradlin. You may recall that Bach was rejected last time around, and Izzy doesn't like to tour.

Matt has been pushing to have the band set up an online audition hub in the next month or so. SLASH said they already had a singer in mind, but they may actually do this web site for auditions. This will be a very expensive proposition; it will be like a mini-uTube. SLASH said they had in mind before they left for the UK...that has fallen through.

thanks to funkymonkey @ HTGTH

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

so i think we can succesfully rule out that top 5

though i really have no basis for that line of thinking, just my personal opinion 19

nugdafied wrote:

What has fallen through, the website or the singer Slash had in mind? And why would the website be so expensive?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

What has fallen through, the website or the singer Slash had in mind?

haaha i dunno ..good point

nugdafied wrote:

And why would the website be so expensive?

alot of bandwidth for all the uplaods? i'm not sure

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Its interesting that it doesn't comment on the chances of Cornell or Dover - although it does sound like overall they're going to audition huh.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

What has fallen through, the website or the singer Slash had in mind? And why would the website be so expensive?

I still reckon the singer Slash had in mind before they went to the UK was Bach.  It fits with his phone call that he had an orgasm over whilst he was doing a radio interview.  It also fits with his comment about talking to Slash but saying he wasn't asked to join "Velvet Revolver" - in my opinion that's because VR are going to chose a new name once they appoint a singer.  So strictly speaking he wasn't lying but at the end of the day it's simply semantics and he (Bach) was trying to save face with Axl.

I agree it kinda seems like the "Top 5" is out.  Otherwise why would they go for this online audition shit.

Personally I think any online audition stuff etc etc is lame and a really pissweak money grab attempt.  FFS just audition some people and pick the best person then move on from there.  Don't try and make a quick buck from some amateurish online audition or reality show etc etc.  Please leave a little integrity and some mystique!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

VELVET REVOLVER Singer Rumors - June 6, 2008 

The Pulse of Radio reports: An unconfirmed item at Idolator.com suggests that VELVET REVOLVER may be in talks with an unnamed Australian singer to replace vocalist Scott Weiland, who was dismissed from the band two months ago. The anonymous source wrote, "I have some new information coming from fans/family close to the hard rock Australian band ROSE TATTOO... that Duff (McKagan, VELVET REVOLVER bassist) has been in communications with an Australian singer currently living in the USA. This guy can apparently sing up a storm and of course is a bloody Aussie, so that in itself along with the great voice will be a good choice for the band from all marketing angles."

The writer mentions that McKagan and VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash are "huge" fans of ROSE TATTOO, but does not suggest that ROSE TATTOO frontman Angry Anderson is the singer mentioned.

Drummer Matt Sorum told The Pulse of Radio last month at a Los Angeles benefit that VELVET REVOLVER was auditioning new singers via email. "It's going through, like, different phases, you know," he said. "It goes to these guys, they listen to it, 'Oh, he's pretty good, okay, listen to that,' that kind of thing. And then we're sending back tracks that we've recorded, and then they're singing on them and sending them back. And then now with the beauty of Internet, is you can send an mp3, open up your email and listen to it, and just go, 'Oh. No.'"

Sorum also recently said that the band had rejected offers to find a new singer through a "Rock Star"-like reality show. He said, "As many years as we've tried to keep our integrity intact, we felt that wasn't the right forum for us to do it."

www.blabbermouth.net

i've never heard a single rose tattoo song idid they cover one on TSI or somethign?

EDIT: Axl talked  them into reforming for the aussie tour.....and Nice Boys from LIES is a Rose Tattoo cover...that would be kinda cool i guess hmm 22 10

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Chester: "I am not Velvet Revolver's new singer"

June 13, 2008

Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington has dismissed rumours that he is set to replace Scott Weiland as the new frontman of Velvet Revolver.

In an exclusive interview for next week's Kerrang! magazine Bennington said:

"I'm friends with all the guys in Velvet Revolver and have played with all of them before. I'm friends with Scott [Weiland] too. I think the rumour that I was going to join Velvet Revolver started because Slash asked me if I'd come play a show with them in Vegas right around the time that Scott left the band. Timing-wise, it didn't work out for me, though. Maybe people assumed that invitation meant I was joining the band."

"It would be very uncomfortable for me to join that band because I'm friends with all of them, including Scott," Bennington continues. "If I was even going to do just one show, or record just one song with them, I'd have to know it was okay with my band, all those guys and Scott too.

That said, if Bennington didn't have prior commitments or wasn't friends with all parties, he'd jump at the chance:

"If I wasn't in Linkin Park anymore and I didn't know Scott, though, I'd say yes," he says. "Who wouldn't? The music is great and it would be a really cool opportunity."

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/06/chester … evolv.html
thanks to funkymonkey @ HTGTH

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I wonder how Chester would do without another vocalist/rapper. His big talent is screaming choruses, I think an album of just him and his lyrics could get kind of boring.

While he wouldn't be my ideal choice for VR, there were worse possibilities.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Duff was on The Johnny Dare Morning Radio Show in Kansas City last Thursday, here is some of what he said...

"We might have perhaps found our singer yesterday"  then the interviewer asks if it is someone we know and he says "I'll just say that he is semi-known".  "We had a guy come in yesterday and he just killed it".

He goes on to say that it was the first time he had come in and added "so we are going to work with him again today".

You can listen to the interview here: http://www.freejohnnydare.com/?q=main

thanks to funkymonkey@htgth

Board footer