You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What if he were secretly working on CD?

Are you trying to make me have an orgasm?

Shame on you......

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

This song has sounded so familiar too me since I first heard it but I couldn't pin point it but now I think I've narrowed it down. It sounds like a  Robbie Williams song I swear it.  You'll all think I'm on crack but I swear the first minute sounds totally like a Robbie Williams song and then at certain points throughout.  not a song that could be a Robbie Williams song but a  song that IS a Robbie Williams song. the melody sounds lifted from a RW song.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I can hear some Muse sounding stuff from like 3:44-4:20 during the song. Just the background synths etc.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Only thing i find lacking is the guitar solo. too much jibberish doodling and know emotion or nothing that takes the song to that higher level.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

The more I hear this song, the more impressed I am with it.

I am starting to think this is one of Axls stronger numbers which furthers my belief that it is indeed the mythical Prostitute. As well being in the camp that thinks the lyric is 'prostitue' at 3.53 - context wise it would fit perfectly and it sounds pretty much like that is what he is saying to my ears at least.

This is a much better structure than some of the others - far less schizophrenic for want of a better word -with some nice subtle hooks and a few surprise melodic shifts that work nicely. It sounds like an important song to me.  Axl's vocals are stronger than the other 2 recent leaks as well.

For the love of god I cannot see how some would prefer If the World but it's all a matter of taste I guess.

I see this one as getting closer to the mark to what perhaps TWAT would like to be than TWAT achieves if that makes any sense.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm thinking its prostitute currently as well

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I seriously can't get this song out of my head. The more I listen the more I love it. It could totally fit on top 40 radio... But then again, it doesn't fit on top 40 radio. No one can deny how genius Axl is at structuring a song, with his own weird, insane formula.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

This song reminds me of Misunderstood by Bon Jovi, dunno why, maybe it's because Axl sings misunderstood in the lyrics, but it also has a similar tempo.

Not too bad overall, but definitely not my favourite from what I've heard so far.

Sky Dog wrote:

it's Prostitute and the more you listen the more it does describe Fire and Ice. I must say it is sticking with me pretty good. I am listening to it as much as the other leaks. His voice is better on this one than IF tHE wORLD.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah i can hear the fire and ice too...take the solo and compare it to the beginning of the track

its like.....fire and ice or something 16

Board footer