You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

why have we discounted song 2 being prostitute? Did i miss something offical from someone? Seems to me there is a very strong case for it being prostitute based on the thematic content of the lyrics....

see i dont think the lyrics fit at all for a title like prostitute...and as dave summarized a few pages back. the descriptions of prostitute dont seem to add up to the track we have heard.

but no no official word has been made as to this NOT being prostitute...its jsut been touted as the best of the new material for so long...and i cant believe that anyone thinks this track is the best track we've heard to date of the new gnr material

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its the worst from the CD sessions, and if this is indeed Prostitute, every single dose of hype for this album over the past 10 years must be called into question.

James

James wrote:

I already am skeptical about all the hype because we've heard nothing mind blowing, but you know what I mean. Prostitute is the big enchilada.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think if it wasn't Prostitute, it would have come down the GNR pipeline to the mesage boards that indeed it wasn't. And I don't know what everyone else is hearing when I hear him say Prostitute in the chorus, but I can't think of a more perfect word to fit with the "fortune and shame" line.

James

James wrote:

He definitely says Prostitute in the song, and you make a good point. The GNR camp would have shot down rumors almost immediately that it wasn't the mythical track. Its not getting tons of positive reviews, so they would want people still thinking Prostitute hasn't been heard yet.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

why have we discounted song 2 being prostitute? Did i miss something offical from someone? Seems to me there is a very strong case for it being prostitute based on the thematic content of the lyrics....

see i dont think the lyrics fit at all for a title like prostitute...and as dave summarized a few pages back. the descriptions of prostitute dont seem to add up to the track we have heard.

but no no official word has been made as to this NOT being prostitute...its jsut been touted as the best of the new material for so long...and i cant believe that anyone thinks this track is the best track we've heard to date of the new gnr material

Four people who have heard prostitute have already said this song is not it. One of which was that metal  hammer pod cast

James

James wrote:

Would you name these four people please?? If you don't want to do it publicly(which is understandable), hit me up on yahoo messenger.

Sky Dog wrote:

and it is also not coincidence that this track has strings.....Buckmaster sounding strings just like the Blues, TWAT, and Maddy....all of which have leaked. What were the four songs Buck worked on ? Maddy Prostitute twat and the blues........no Beltrami songs have leaked...coincidence again? I think not. Bullshit on your four people Dave unless you are going to name them. The lyrics fit PERFECTLY Neemo in multiple verses in the song.....not sure what you are missing like Mister ID pointed out. He says Prostitute...it is on the setlist with the other leaked tracks.....bullshit. It's Prostitute until PROVEN differently. Fire and ICE is well on display as well since the song goes from soft to hard in multiple places and the ending is pure ICE after a firey raveup. So it is 6 minutes instead of four....Buck may have been wrong or the song was extended and he didn't know about it since he did his work 6 years ago! I think the song is fantastic either way so shoot me!:buckethead:   So some Gnr fans will be disappointed...fuck them as well. Most Gnr fans simply can't take the fact that Axl doesn't give two shits about pleasing them. If the song isn't filled with generic old Gnr, Aerosmith riffs, then it sucks. Maybe Axl is going after a different audience? Maybe he doesn't want the same old same old. Good for him. Of course he does need to release it officially.:nervous:

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I still haven't heard him say Prostitute.  At 3:53 he could just as easily be saying "profit you", I am not hearing a clear Prostitute at all.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
madagas wrote:

It's Prostitute until PROVEN differently

*sigh* Just because YOU think it's Prostitute?

I could just as easily say "its NOT Prostitute until PROVEN differently"... doesn't make either of us know shit about the actual song it may or may not be.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded rude, didn't mean to be.

Board footer