You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Are we really this bored with the leaks already that we have to talk about UYI?  16

Ummm.... overall feelings on CD era songs ^^^:  game, set, match. 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Are we really this bored with the leaks already that we have to talk about UYI?  16

Ummm.... overall feelings on CD era songs ^^^:  game, set, match. 16

Don't scare Axl back into another 10 years of recording! 

(if we're not already headed there) 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

We are headed there.  I think he needs new songs.... Better would be the only one I would take to the new album.

Bono

Bono wrote:

I'm listening to #2 right now and its so damn familiar. I swear the melody in parts has been accidently taken from some other song. I've been trying to pin point it since the first time I heard it but I can't.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

GNR is more like Dream Theatre now, which were heavily influenced by Rush.  So is GNR a modern day Rush?

I fell on my ass laughing that because it reminded me of this:

"Merck also told me the news that the Guns 'n Roses cd is done and it rocks (not his exact words)... Well, he did say it has four rockers like Appetite For Destruction - the rest of the tracks are "challenging and epic", Meaning they're boring or Axl thinks he's joined Rush...

- 'Rush' Halfin, 08/26/2005

It was a long time for everyone
But I guess I'm about to see for myself

Bono

Bono wrote:

Fuck it sounds like a  Robbie Williams song I swear it!  You'll all think I'm on crack but I swear the first minute sounds totally like  Robbie Williams song and then at certain points throughout.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'm listening to #2 right now and its so damn familiar. I swear the melody in parts has been accidently taken from some other song. I've been trying to pin point it since the first time I heard it but I can't.

I'll get flamed to hell for this...

But sections of it remind me of "Kiss from A Rose" by Seal.

It's very very different as well, so not stolen, and not even noticable in a way, but something about how the melody rises and decends in places brings that other song into my mind.

Now you think i'm crazy right?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'll get flamed to hell for this...

But sections of it remind me of "Kiss from A Rose" by Seal.

I wish it sounded like that.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Too much going on? No way

U guys are just so use to listening to the shit music out today that its hard to listen and appreciate great music.

only thing that sucks in these songs is the guitar solos. They are absolutely attrocious. Song Number 2 could be bigger and better than NR and Estranged if it had the right guitar fills/solos but the solo after the last chorus is awful and there are no fills worth mentioning.

I would love to see how awesome that song would be with Slash playing guitar on it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
machine24 wrote:

Too much going on? No way

U guys are just so use to listening to the shit music out today that its hard to listen and appreciate great music.

only thing that sucks in these songs is the guitar solos. They are absolutely attrocious. Song Number 2 could be bigger and better than NR and Estranged if it had the right guitar fills/solos but the solo after the last chorus is awful and there are no fills worth mentioning.

I would love to see how awesome that song would be with Slash playing guitar on it.

Have you been listening to music at all lately?  It all has too much going on.  It's all too cluttered most of the time.

Board footer