You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

Neemo wrote:

alright is listened to the songs in the car on a decent stereo

Madagascar, Rhiad and IRS are my favorite 3 songs, Better doesnt really hold up as well as i thought it would

track 2 is gotta be prostitute IMO but still not one of my fav tracks at all..and if the world isnt all that great prolly my least fav of the the 3 new tracks

TWAT vocals dont really do it for me...i hope axl redoes them for the final...his vocal just doesnt seem into that song for some reason

each of the songs definately have their own cool moments though

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

These songs are starting to raise my blood pressure. Its all so forgettable and disposable. Yeah some of the songs are really good and the musicians involved brought their "A game" and Axl's still got the skills, but there's nothing that separates this from anything else. Its not something that makes me want to play this for people and say, "look what Axl did."

When leaks usually happen, they are on heavy rotation for several weeks. I was listening to Luscious Jackson's first two records earlier, so clearly this shit aint timeless like advertised.

I heard The Cure do this in the 80's, Praxis do it in the early 90's, and Simply Red do it in the late 90's.

No offense because this stuff is good, but this album is dead on arrival. Its just so anticlimactic, and there's nothing here that will propel this on the charts. First week sales will be the majority of the sales. While I will in no way compare this to Libertad, its going to sink just like that record did, but for different reasons.

Next album please...........and record it in the present day with whatever lineup you can try and assemble. The world doesn't need another CD from 10 years ago.

I'm grading this album so far a 3/5, and if more stale ballads are on the way, that rating is dropping.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
machine24 wrote:

only thing that sucks in these songs is the guitar solos. They are absolutely attrocious. Song Number 2 could be bigger and better than NR and Estranged if it had the right guitar fills/solos but the solo after the last chorus is awful and there are no fills worth mentioning.

I would love to see how awesome that song would be with Slash playing guitar on it.

i was wondering if you were joking when i first read this...but then reading the other replies, i figure you weren't....

guitar work in these is the only thing which saves them from being completely mediocre imo....and the best part of the lot is that you can only hear about a third of the guitars in there....can you just imagine what the properly mixed versions will sound like?

off topic....but TWAT ending solo owns everything Slash had done on both NR and Estranged....put together....

James

James wrote:
elmir wrote:

guitar work in these is the only thing which saves them from being completely mediocre

I agree.

Well, some top notch lyrics in some of these songs as well.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
elmir wrote:

off topic....but TWAT ending solo owns everything Slash had done on both NR and Estranged....put together....

I agree  22

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

I agree  22

that's why i think that the main solo in If the World is not BH....if you compare the two...he writes his solos to very much go with the melody of the vocals...slash used to do this too....and the If the World main (electric) solo just doesn't echo the rest of the song....whereas the acoustic guitar does....

James, I completely disagree with your take on these songs, but, out of curiosity, which parts are reminding you of the Cure?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
elmir wrote:

can you pass whatever it is you're smoking this way?

holy shit dude i think you need to listen to the UYI albums again hmm

James

James wrote:
disease51883 wrote:

James, I completely disagree with your take on these songs, but, out of curiosity, which parts are reminding you of the Cure?

Any time he croons with the various orchestra and synth shit in the back. It  reminds me of some late 80s Cure, just less relevant and more stale.

Fair enough.

I had a friend that tried to get me into the Cure. Maybe I should have listened to her.

Board footer