You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

elmir wrote:
Neemo wrote:

can you pass whatever it is you're smoking this way?

holy shit dude i think you need to listen to the UYI albums again hmm

you're too far away....they'll intercept the package over the ocean somewhere....too risky...

but genuinely....the melody and structure of that solo (in its demo format) easily outclasses the solos in both NR and Estranged....as a whole, the song doesn't win, no....but take the 3 solos form NR and all 17 of them from estranged, and compare them individually to the TWAT ending, and you will see what i mean....well, to me at least, its better.....

James Lofton wrote:

I'm grading this album so far a 3/5

Isn't there a chance that it would be higher if you would've heard more finished versions of some of the songs? I know that you wrote "so far", but I'm just saying.

While songs like Better, Chinese Democracy and The Blues sound finished - I.R.S., There Was a Time and Madagascar sound like demos. One being more finished than the other one.

My point is that if we would hear those songs finished the same way as the other tracks, it would be a big difference from what we've been experiencing.

But that's just me sticking my nose into it once again...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, regardless of how I grade these leaks or a new wave of leaks, I'm gonna give the actual album a fresh listen when its available. Not writing this project off completely.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
elmir wrote:

off topic....but TWAT ending solo owns everything Slash had done on both NR and Estranged....put together....

It's great, but... NO 19

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I too listened in the car last night.  Better still rocks, but guys, I find my mind wandering during these songs then coming back to the song towards the end.  I find my self just waiting for a great buckethead solo.  Robin's seems like he misses notes even on his solos on an album.  He is such a liability.  His phrasing just isn't that good.  Song #2, Axl sounds like a pussy on first line and pretty much the whole song.  But I like the song Okay.  Song #3, seems contrived with the Flamenco guitar in the begining.  Its a good song, but forgetable.  The Blues is a good tune, Axl's voice here is a lot different than the other songs.  Its a solid predictable song and a good song.  Its almost fresh to hear a predictable song like the Blues.  Ryiad, give me a break, terrible.  IRS, its okay, repetitive.  Madagascar, I am so sick of this song, nothing can make it interesting to me now.  Chinese Democracy, ROCKS!!!!!!!!

James

James wrote:

What sucks about this whole thing is there's no reason this couldn't have been released in 2001. There's no solo, vocals, orchestral arrangements,etc. that speaks "this took x amount of years to perfect." It feels like it was recorded pretty quickly and a masturbation marathon took place for the rest of the decade.

It boggles the mind.

Even worse, he felt the need to do this so called trilogy when the current songs are as stale as my mom's fruitcake. If album number one is like this, can you imagine number three?

James

James wrote:

People in the GNR camp over the years......

"its earth shattering"

"its amazing"

"Its a modern day Led Zeppelin II"

"Its Zeppelin mixed by Trent Reznor and Beck"

"unlike anything you've heard"

"James, I don't have a favorite. the stuff no one's heard is incredible"(paraphrasing a BBF comment in chat last year)

HELLO??????????

We've all been Punk'd.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am pissed now.  This album is a joke.  And Finck still sucks.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And Finck still sucks.

I wouldn't go that far, although I can see why he has his "haters". I like some of the stuff he brought to the CD table, and him and Bucket definitely had some chemistry.

As far as the album being a joke, I wouldn't say that but if this is indeed pretty close to the final album, its not even a top 10 album of the decade contender.

It probably wont be an album of the year contender this year if its released. U2 or MIA will likely snag that honor.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

There's no solo, vocals, orchestral arrangements,etc. that speaks "this took x amount of years to perfect."

unless what we're hearing were first arrangements of it.....if that's the case, (and BBF said they were old), then there definitely was room for improvement, and things could have drastically changed....

then again, why would a person in 2008 be carrying a cd labeled 2001 or 2002 on it?
if that same person works for Uni, logic dictates that they would go for the more recent copy....thus adding weight to your post james....

nevermind....answered my own question....

Board footer