You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Are they crazy ?

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
downliner wrote:

In the Trunk/Axl interview that was apparently not pre-planned it always struck me as weird that one of the other guys says: "Axl, let me ask you this. I have to go there, I said I would, who do you prefer Maiden or Priest?".

As soon as he said that it struck me as a little odd. If they weren't expecting Axl to be there when had he planned to ask Axl which band he preferred? hmm

I don't believe for one second that the interview was not pre-arranged and in "safe" surroundings for him.

Even if it was prearranged, who cares, it was a damn entertaining interview, I laughed alot during it and it was great to hear Axl on a show after such a long, long period of silence.

I don't really care - I was just responding to downliner's comments.

I don't think it's an act Scabbie.  Some of it is certainly blown out of proportion or taken out of context to make Axl look bad, but he's eccentric at the very least.  Axl has a lot of good qualities and often tries to do the right thing.  For some reason, things just seem to blow up on him no matter what he says or does.  Some of that is coincidence, but it can't all be.

Scabbie wrote:

Maybe its all part of the act. You know perhaps he likes everyone thinking he's bonkers. Quite a cool party trick.

I have to defend Axl on this one, just because one believes in having a spiritual advisor doesn't make him bonkers.   Lots of people believe in the afterworld, angels, good spirits, bad spirits doesn't make them crazy.

Mediums, Spiritual Advisors, Psychics, etc is all behavior that can be looked at as strange and humorous to many people.   I don't see anything wrong with it, does some of the behaviors like sniffing a room something to snicker at....sure, most of us would but doesn't mean there has to be something wrong with the person that believes in either one of these types of spiritual connected people and has them in their lives and sees them on a regular basis.   Scabble this statement is not directed at you, it's a general statement I am making.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just makes them weird 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'll go back to the whole low self esteem period on this one

ya know the rumor when it said axl wouldn't sing for anyone cuz he didnt beleive in himself or something...wasnt that the period when Yoda was first rumored to be in the picture?  If it picked him up then, then maybe he feels it necessary now

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Scabbie wrote:

Maybe its all part of the act. You know perhaps he likes everyone thinking he's bonkers. Quite a cool party trick.

it puts the girls off him.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

it puts the girls off him.

The whole "acting" thing has worked well for many people throughout the years of rock. Jimmy Page, Ozzy & Prince are all three people that it's worked very well for so maybe there's something there.

I really don't think he is acting, I think by what I have read, he truly believes in this stuff, JMO.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

Since some people will presumably be interested...

MisterSaintLaurent wrote:

kind of a chicken/egg situation. has beta's craziness made things worse for axl or did axl's craziness make things worse for beta? perhaps we'll never know. i will say this, i learned a lot during those bizarre conversations with her. always been good at reading people, which is why i was able to get the songs to begin with. beta's decision making seemed to be based on fear, desperation, and paranoia. definitely seemed to act without thinking. the fact that she went on the message boards to get my phone number so she could call me to yell at me was strange enough in and of itself. i doubt i got in more than a few words in any of the convos, including the one that was a few hours long. just a total stream of conciousness rant on her part telling me ten years of gnr's dirty laundry. who the fuck does that? why would you tell a total stranger so much of the band's business, especially a total stranger you're apparantly furious at for discovering new material?

with everything that was going on, and according to her, axl being very concerned that i was about to leak the whole album, i really was baffled by the topics of the conversation, most of which had nothing to do with leaks. 99% of what was said was about slash and this intense jealousy axl/beta seem to have with how slash is portrayed in the media. beta explained that slash is an asshole, but knows how to charm the press and axl has always struggled with staying on the presses good side, so the press unfairly paints him as the bad guy in the split. she insisted it was true that slash showed up at axl's house to try to rejoin the band and then lied to the press about it to save his ass. she went on and on about how slash will continually apologize in private for being such an asshole and won't leave axl alone, but publically, it's a different story.

definite mindset of the fans are the enemy. on one of the calls i could have sworn i heard axl telling her stuff to say to me, but i can't be sure it was him coaching her call. "axl doesn't owe the fans anything. they need to leave him alone. they've ruined his life." etc. etc. lots of stuff like that. lots of intense anger with the fanbase expecting too much, not understanding "axl's process" and what not. "the fans need to get a life. the album will come out when it comes out."

lots of venom for merck as well. beta/axl/gnr were convinced he was ultimately responsible for the leaks and claimed there was something about the versions of the songs i had that could be traced back to a disc only given to merck for the purposes of playing it for the record company. something about merck needing to meet with the label while gnr was doing the hammerstein stint and being given a disc with certain mixes and those were the mixes i had. she explained the whole process of how nobody in the band can take home recordings and every CD ever made is tracked and CDs are only made when absolutely necessary.

the funniest part about dealing with gnr was that i was 100% honest with them at all times and bent over backwards to try to help them, but the bureaucracy made it nearly impossible to help them and they wasted precious time arguing amongst themselves about what to do with me. beta claimed universal wanted to come after me and axl was trying to stop them because if universal got involved, gnr would never get my help. many weeks went by before i ultimately was able to send them the information they wanted due to nobody in the camp being able to make a decision.

in the end, they really didn't keep their word on anything and maybe as time goes by, i won't be as willing to keep mine.

which reminds me, apparantly axl was very determined to keep the fans in the know for now on, but the negative reaction to his letter hurt his feelings so bad that beta said he couldn't read the boards anymore and changed his mind about being so open. the fact that it will soon be 2008 and we still won't have any word on what is going on makes me wonder what they will do when people who are holding stuff back give up and release.

having had my lawyer look over my agreement before i posted this, i realize now that gnr breached almost every single aspect of the deal. i really hadn't looked at the thing in a while.

From MYGNR

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What a clusterfuck. 14 years since the last GNR release, all the band has to show for it is comments about Slash. Yay us. This obsession with Slash that the GNR camp has really needs to stop. They need therapy, and not the kind Beta can provide. Do they realize that every person who used to be in the band has moved on? Dear Lord.

Her comments about Slash wanting to rejoin are ludicrous. Why join something that does nothing? Especially when you are already in a successful band.

Axl is too involved in the online world. I have said for years that he practically lives at these sites, and as more info keeps coming out, looks like I was right. He needs to step away from the internet and realize that the whole world isn't obsessing over him or his hatred for Slash.

Fans are the enemy? The remaining GNR fans left are the ones who prop these AFD tours up.

The fans need to get a life? Then admit you cant move on and are still too obsessed with Slash to ever do anything, and your fans will move on and "get a life".

GNR has to get over its obsession with Slash or this band will never do anything more than AFD tours. Period.

A reunion will never happen. Its obvious now. Slash will never do it. Who wants to walk into a situation where someone is completely obsessed with you, and the obsessor has a few hangers on who are paid to talk shit about you? If Slash has any integrity, he'll refuse when Axl's bank account shrinks some more and he wants to cash one final huge paycheck.

Like Slash said a couple months ago: "The past is the past and I am interested in whats going on now".

Too bad Axl cant have a similar philosophy.

Board footer