You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Are they crazy ?

I know MSL provided the leaks with alot of bullshitting to get them but I dunno if I can believe 100% of everything that is written here.   I do believe that Axl was reading the boards and being hurt, no doubt with some of the harshness that comes his way on them and I know that some feel it's deserved because of the CD situation but still and all how much can you read without getting disgusted.

But so obssessed with Slash, angry is more like it.   I know myself being Italian, when I am angry about something I can preach to high heaven about it to the point of nausium doesn't mean I want the person that hurt me so bad, I am just pissed off.   I really don't think GNR can't move on without Slash, I don't think that at all.   The reason that things are held up or doing it in Axl's way has nothing to do with Slash not being in the band, it's what's going on in their own camp.   I think it's anger and that's what feuls the talk about him, if what MSL says is true. 

Beta will defend Axl like a mother, I know now being a parent myself, I'd do the same thing.  It's different when you have a mother mentality, I can only compare it to what if someone attacked my son regardless of right or wrong that my son is doing or someone I felt like is a son to me, I'd do the same thing.  I can get pretty insane when I am angry so now that I think really think about it, Beta is doing the same thing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, too much Slash shit coming from the GNR camp over the years, regardless of the MSL-Beta conversation. This just reinforces it. Remember, earlier this year after March 6th, instead of talking about CD the GNR camp resurrected that whole Slash going to his house bullshit. No one but the GNR camp cared.

I dont understand the anger/obsession/frustration with Slash. He moved on 12 years ago.

This band cant move on living under the shadow of a top hat. Sad but true.

Its really no surprise that Buckethead bailed. Who wants to sit around talking about someone who hasn't been in the band since the mid 90's?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

this just sounds ridiculous.

It does? Have you read Beta's posts? Or maybe take a crash course on the happenings over the past two years(minus the AFD tours of course)? Its par for the course.

I'm shocked that people are considering this conversation far fetched.

Jameslofton wrote:
russtcb wrote:

this just sounds ridiculous.

It does? Have you read Beta's posts? Or maybe take a crash course on the happenings over the past two years(minus the AFD tours of course)? Its par for the course.

I'm shocked that people are considering this conversation far fetched.

I have seen Beta's pm's yes and I believe that she is pissed and is why she goes off the way she does, I am saying I understand where it comes from.  I don't think that they spend every waking moment discussing Slash is all I am saying, when the situation arises because someone on the internet pissed her off, then that is when it comes up and she goes off.  I am not saying it's right but it seems to be the pattern.   I think whether she or GNR bring up the Slash visit or not that still wouldn't of affected CD talk in anyway.   We still wouldn't get any more info then if that wasn't talked about.   I understand that it does raise the question, why bring this up instead of promoting CD but they aren't ready to promote CD, that's painfully obvious.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It is wierd for them to be upset about Slash so many years on. But then i guess theres a personal level to it as well - like Axl and Slash were friends as well as co-workers, and when friendships fall appart it can stick to you.

Perhaps also, when the anger from both men is aside, they'd all recgonise that they compliment each other well too. Like Slash isn't someone thats easy to replace, and neither is axl. They found each other one time,  then then had to find new people,  and how do you go about bottling that lightening again ....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

What a clusterfuck. 14 years since the last GNR release, all the band has to show Axl is too involved in the online world. I have said for years that he practically lives at these sites, and as more info keeps coming out, looks like I was right. He needs to step away from the internet and realize that the whole world isn't obsessing over him or his hatred for Slash.

That got me thinking. Immagine how traumatic it would be for Axl to read some of the stuff people post? Like he's always been a personality in the media that cops both a lot of shit and praise, so maybe he's used to it. But i'm just thinking like - i've been known to get upset from other people's opinions i've read online - and its not even personal to me - immagine reading this shit about your own music and your own freinds...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I thought the response after his letter was pretty good from what I remember. There was some dissappointment for various understandable reasons, cancelled shows, no album in 06... but overall most people I thought seemed pretty hyped that he'd opened up and given the March 6th date. I really didn't think things were that bad on the forums? People only turned nasty when March 6th came and went with nothing but a sentence from Del about the album being mixed followed by a series of cancelled dates in Japan and S.A. which put the mockers on things.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I thought the response after his letter was pretty good from what I remember. There was some dissappointment for various understandable reasons, cancelled shows, no album in 06... but overall most people I thought seemed pretty hyped that he'd opened up and given the March 6th date. I really didn't think things were that bad on the forums? People only turned nasty when March 6th came and went with nothing but a sentence from Del about the album being mixed followed by a series of cancelled dates in Japan and S.A. which put the mockers on things.

I agree IF Axl had decided to me more open, he would have done more than one update, especially within a couple months of march 6. I dont think things written on boards really mean much to him. If they did I'm sure he have signed up and made anonymous post on the forums, or written to us saying what retards we were for having no lives.

Board footer