You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Are they crazy ?

James wrote:

I'm too stoned to bother looking now, but there are a couple interviews(more of course but two which are great examples) where Slash is the main focal point, and he was supposed to be talking about the new era.

Whenever you read interviews with Axl and ex members, I want you to see if you notice the pattern: Slash or any other member has to be baited in to discussing Axl or GNR, while Axl will bring up Slash even when its not asked or even necessary.

I'll look for those at mygnr later today.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

TheMole wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Actually, should axl sense stuff like some people do, maybe it's a good idea someone " pre- senses" the place before so he doesn't get uncomfortable.

I know some of you are skeptics, but some people do really sense places and are paid fortunes by potential home buyers too.

I've always thought axl was very special and i still do.

Not eccentric. Special.

It hurt him for long, and he hurt people, it went flying all over the place.

I think he does what he has to do and no one can believe what it does unless you live it.

There isn't one general answer as to " how to live normally".

There is one answer per person in this world, so as many answers as there are individuals.

It's not for us to judge but to be glad he found a way to be a little more peaceful and give us good shows to enjoy.

It's not "special", nor is it "eccentric". It's called escapism; it's a device for unhappy people to wallow in their own sadness and feel good about doing so. It's the ultimate way for them to feel sorry about their situation while soothing their conscious by giving the impression of trying to do something about it.

All it does is create and maintain an us-against-them mentality, which is never a healthy thing to try and sustain. Instead of helping these people come to grips with the reality of the situation, these so called 'spiritual' people do nothing but solidify and intensify the problems at hand. Sometimes out of ignorance, but more often than not the real driving force behind their actions is nothing more or less than greed, plain and simple.

It's a shame really, that people tend to condone this type of behavior without thinking about the consequences.

i do not think axl is an escapist or that he wallows in his sadness by allegedly having done this.

i agree very much with jessica's post in that he is 'special' and as a highly sensitive person myself, though i have different beliefs (i am not a new ager) i can understand the desire for having someone to check out the atmosphere in the room. if you are not hypersensitive you won't understand and think it is weird.

i get bitched at for 'overreacting' sometimes and i am inevitably asked 'why can't you let it go, it's no big deal' -  of course to many people things are negligible, that to others can be very upsetting. the majority of the population is much less sensitive to external factors.

from what i know of sharon maynard (who is likely the person mentioned) she was part of a new age organization (arcos cielos, i think) which you can look up online if you're curious. also, she died last year.

d.wp

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:

i do not think axl is an escapist or that he wallows in his sadness by allegedly having done this.

i agree very much with jessica's post in that he is 'special' and as a highly sensitive person myself, though i have different beliefs (i am not a new ager) i can understand the desire for having someone to check out the atmosphere in the room. if you are not hypersensitive you won't understand and think it is weird.

i get bitched at for 'overreacting' sometimes and i am inevitably asked 'why can't you let it go, it's no big deal' -  of course to many people things are negligible, that to others can be very upsetting. the majority of the population is much less sensitive to external factors.

from what i know of sharon maynard (who is likely the person mentioned) she was part of a new age organization (arcos cielos, i think) which you can look up online if you're curious. also, she died last year.

d.wp

Ok, first of all, please don't take what I'm about to say as an insult. It is not, it's just my opinion on these matters, based on personal experience. It's not even necessarily directed at you, since I have no idea who you are as a person. So I might use "you" where I maybe need to use "they" instead, but as you can imagine it paints a better, more comprehensible picture of what I'm trying to say.

See, the mistake your making (again, in my very humble opinion) is confusing your feelings and character with something measurable and scientific. It is not, it's a very personal thing that needs to be developed and nurtured correctly to match society's standards. I could understand someone who's sensitive to light have a room checked before entering to see if the blind have been closed, or something like that. However, the "external factors" you talk about (and presumably Axl needed checking out for him), that you are hypersensitive about are not measurable by any objective means.

It's your subjective take on things and like all subjective matters it is something that you need to learn to evaluate properly. Not saying that's easy or trivial but I strongly believe that it is something you can (and probably should) work at 'fixing' (for lack of a better word). All these psychics and mediums and karma cleansers, etc... strive against fixing this, screwing with your belief system. Usually for monetary reasons, but often enough just because they can't grasp the world for what it is themselves. Consorting with those people might give you a momentary boost, but in the end it postpones or even prohibits a more permanent 'solution'.

Compare it to the Indian Fakir, who can control his reaction to physical pain (very much a subjective feeling). It doesn't mean their immune to pain, but they do know how to handle it up until a certain threshold. Likewise, the average person can control their reactions to emotional stimuli fairly well up until a certain threshold. For emotionally hypersensitive people this threshold is considerably lower. Increasing this is something you can learn, something you normally do learn while you are being shaped as a person. If for some reason you miss the necessary stimuli and do end up being hypersensitive, it's much more difficult to change later on, but it is something that can be done. How is entirely up to you, but creating an environment where hypersensitivity is nurtured is obviously not the way to go about it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I need someone to sniff-test these threads before I open them.

warriorpriestess

TheMole wrote:

Ok, first of all, please don't take what I'm about to say as an insult. It is not, it's just my opinion on these matters, based on personal experience. It's not even necessarily directed at you, since I have no idea who you are as a person. So I might use "you" where I maybe need to use "they" instead, but as you can imagine it paints a better, more comprehensible picture of what I'm trying to say.

not even insulted! lol maybe i'm not as sensitive as i like to think...

TheMole wrote:

See, the mistake your making (again, in my very humble opinion) is confusing your feelings and character with something measurable and scientific. It is not, it's a very personal thing that needs to be developed and nurtured correctly to match society's standards. I could understand someone who's sensitive to light have a room checked before entering to see if the blind have been closed, or something like that. However, the "external factors" you talk about (and presumably Axl needed checking out for him), that you are hypersensitive about are not measurable by any objective means.

"developed and nurtured correctly to match society's standards" = b.s. to me. it is not your opinion but more the general idea of such i wholheartedly disagree with. society is often largely dysfunctional and based on fakeness. the status quo is a joke.

objective means of measuring? absolutely. some people are more intensely affected by atmosphere and mood then others. generally creative types. it is both blessing and curse. ever heard of ADHD? i believe it is a difference not a disorder. but read up on the experiential side.

TheMole wrote:

It's your subjective take on things and like all subjective matters it is something that you need to learn to evaluate properly. Not saying that's easy or trivial but I strongly believe that it is something you can (and probably should) work at 'fixing' (for lack of a better word). All these psychics and mediums and karma cleansers, etc... strive against fixing this, screwing with your belief system. Usually for monetary reasons, but often enough just because they can't grasp the world for what it is themselves. Consorting with those people might give you a momentary boost, but in the end it postpones or even prohibits a more permanent 'solution'.

i was simply saying that i understand his utilization of such as a way of dealing with things.

please understand i did not endorse it and i personally would never in a million years pay money to a practitioner of any such thing.

TheMole wrote:

Compare it to the Indian Fakir, who can control his reaction to physical pain (very much a subjective feeling). It doesn't mean their immune to pain, but they do know how to handle it up until a certain threshold. Likewise, the average person can control their reactions to emotional stimuli fairly well up until a certain threshold. For emotionally hypersensitive people this threshold is considerably lower. Increasing this is something you can learn, something you normally do learn while you are being shaped as a person. If for some reason you miss the necessary stimuli and do end up being hypersensitive, it's much more difficult to change later on, but it is something that can be done. How is entirely up to you, but creating an environment where hypersensitivity is nurtured is obviously not the way to go about it.

i do not see Axl as creating an environment to nurture his sensitivities, as much as he has simply accessed resources he feels are helpful.

when you're in that boat, if you don't have a means to cope - whether it is hiring someone you feel is qualified to check on such matters, or having a faith thru with which you can positively perceive things that might otherwise be seen as negatives, or substances that numb you sufficiently - it can be very difficult to maintain appropriate situational function.

learning it is much easier said then done. if you don't have the experience, of course i seem to be making excuses for it. you don't fully understand unless you've lived there. that is what i am trying to get you to realize. not everyone has the same capability for self-discipline.

EVEN IF you are aware of the problem and know how things SHOULD be taken, that is no guarantee in any particular moment that your mind will be dialed-in to deal with it.

hope my replies made sense. no offense was taken, and no offense was intended.

d.

warriorpriestess

bigbri wrote:

I need someone to sniff-test these threads before I open them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm too stoned to bother looking now, but there are a couple interviews(more of course but two which are great examples) where Slash is the main focal point, and he was supposed to be talking about the new era.

Whenever you read interviews with Axl and ex members, I want you to see if you notice the pattern: Slash or any other member has to be baited in to discussing Axl or GNR, while Axl will bring up Slash even when its not asked or even necessary.

I sure hope you do find them, because I think you're wrong.

I think it's the other way around.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I sure hope you do find them, because I think you're wrong.

I think it's the other way around.

um james said that 11 months ago... i think he forgot to look 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Forgot... yeah sure.

Board footer