You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Re: Axl writing Autobiography & the sequel to "Estranged?" (RS)

Locomotive98 wrote:
disease51883 wrote:

I think this is what he's referring to:

http://heretodaygonetohell.com/articles … icleid=120

Lol, that didnt make any sense.... just ramblings trying to make a crap song appear deep.

I guess the former members had taste, its quite possibly the 3rd worst song in the GNR cannon. Did Axl say it was a demo when it flopped critically?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah it went from this amazing shit he put everything into and then when it didn't get the response he expected, all of a sudden it was nothing more than a demo.

Kinda sounds familiar...

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah it went from this amazing shit he put everything into and then when it didn't get the response he expected, all of a sudden it was nothing more than a demo.

Kinda sounds familiar...

Too funny, same old excuse 9 years on... Go Axl!

Anyone got his spiel about OMG being a demo after it crashed and burned, I'd like to see that....

Good work on the Balin appreciation btw James, if you want any Airplane stuff, let me know....

Can anyone tell me where "Axl said it's a demo" came from? I've never actually seen it with my own eyes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
disease51883 wrote:

Can anyone tell me where "Axl said it's a demo" came from? I've never actually seen it with my own eyes.

I think it was an interview in 2001. Don't remember. Been too damn long.

sic, you happen to have the article/interview/whatever where this was mentioned?

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl never said it was a demo and nobody will find an article on it...urban legend from the insane Gnr fanbase. I believe someone in the gnr camp may have said something to that effect to another fan....pure hearsay in any case. Prove me wrong.:haha:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
disease51883 wrote:

I think it was an interview in 2001. Don't remember. Been too damn long.

sic, you happen to have the article/interview/whatever where this was mentioned?

i looked and couldnt find it 17

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

The Joint, Las Vegas, Dec 29th, 2001.

Axl further talked about 'Oh My God' and how that was just in a demo tape which the management insisted be put on the Arnie soundtrack which Axl said ok to hesitantly. - GNR On Tour

This has been confirmed by other people who were present.

James, look at this. lol

Hmph. I'll be damned...

Edit: For the record, *that's* a "basically finished" demo. Heh.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
disease51883 wrote:

I think this is what he's referring to:

http://heretodaygonetohell.com/articles … icleid=120

thanks smile

I actually appriciate what he is saying there. I'll grant it's phrased somewhat awarkwardly, but it definately offers some insight into the writing process and themes behind the song. I've always been on the fence about OMG...I wasn't much into the electronic sound of it...but the chorus hook was catchy and I've always found the lyrics to be meaningful.

Anyway...back OT...i'd love to read a book by Axl.

Board footer