You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Help Me Get Into Buckethead!!!

monkeychow wrote:

Some more quick questions for the Bucket schollars on here....

Is soothsayer a whole album or a song - i heard a clip of a solo from it on youtube and it sounds like the kind of thing I'll like....:rock:

Also...here is a video of Bucket Hanging out with guitar master Shawn Lane...lane is singing quotes from movies not playing, but does anyone know what bucket is playing here - is it a spur of the moment jam or is the foundation one of his songs?

[youtube]yXaYt1vDbXU&feature=related[/youtube]

Also looks like bucket takes of the bucket in this video...(don't worry mask is intact)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Soothsayer is a song. Unfortunately, I don't remember which album it is on. I'm pretty sure its Elephant Man's Alarm Clock though. Check our Bucket discog in the sidebar for more info.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That song in the YouTube vid is Jowls. It's on Monsters & Robots and also Giant Robot NTT, which is OOP.

Soothsayer is a song off Crime Slunk Scene. One of his crowning achievements. I have a theory that Soothsayer was an epic Bucket brought to the GNR table. It's has all those qualities of November Rain and Estranged.

That's a cool vid. He takes off his bucket and puts it on Shawn's head as he leaves the stage.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks for the info again BigBri....really appriciate it smile

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Anytime. Bucket is one area I have a wealth of knowledge on.

I'm thinking of getting The Dragons of Eden - I've heard some stuff off of it and I really liked what I heard. It almost seems like Population Override 2.

Well, to get to the point...

Is there any stuff out there that is very mellow like Colma or Electric Tears?

I've got some knowledge to where I should look, but I can't keep up with all of it.

Any help is appreciated.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Acoustic Shards is pure acoustic and mellow. You could try Thanatopsis' "Axiology," that's mellow but a little more jazzy.

bigbri wrote:

You could try Thanatopsis' "Axiology," that's mellow but a little more jazzy.

I'll probably check that one out and I've thought about Acoustic Shards as well.

Thanks!

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Dragons of Eden sounds really good. That's my next purchase for sure.

If you want to really experiment, try Shin Terai's "Unison." Bucket plays on it. I only have one track from it, but it sounds like its in the same genre as Dragons of Eden.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

This is the track that single handedly made me start worshipping buckethead as god.  It's a live version of Soothsayer which in my opinion is much better than the studio version:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5V67VSHH  If anyone knows where I can get that in FLAC please let me know.

Thanatopsis - Axiology is probably my favorite album of all time.

Board footer