You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Help Me Get Into Buckethead!!!

monkeychow wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Oh ok. Cool. I always figured Bermuda, Island, and Population were. Their sound really reflects they way he sounded in GN'R at the time. And Nottingham prolly could have made a great GN'R song with a little editing

Yeah...i drool of that...I think the NL outro solo is one of the greatest things ever played on Guitar..if they'd found a way to structure that into a more conventional rock song with Axl on vocals....i think we'd have seen an all time classic for the wider world not just the bucket and GNR fans....kinda like how NR is remembered now as a classic rock song....

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Hrm....*thinks of trying a remix and putting vocals over it*

Wish i was that good lol

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i've been reading this thread for the last couple of days...great recommendations...
i think i may be slightly obsessed with buckethead....
acoustic shards...
albino slug...
colma...
decoding the tomb of the bansheebot...
electric tears...
giant robot...
giant robot ntt...
monsters and robots...
praxis...

the list goes on..
all pretty much amazing...
and i hear what you guys are saying about nottingham lace... phenominal..
definitely potential guns material... i keep picturing axl singing over that shit... it definitely would have changed the game...
the only thing i cannot find for the life of me is axiology...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Try tdrsmusic.com. That CD changed the way I thought about Bucket AND music in general. I love it; so full of emotion. Even crazier: I think Anatomize is even better than Axiology.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

What I love about Thanatopsis, which I think defines the trio as opposed to other Bucket/Travis collabs, is Ramy's drumming.  He's one hell of an under-rated drummer imho.  I don't normally pay attention to drum parts but this guy is very good indeed.

Board footer