You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rumor: Unheard GNR song on Rockband 2

James wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Guys, BH was never out of the album. Do you not remember axl saying that BBF would only be re-recording some parts, not all?

Never confirmed obviously, but most definitely assumed. BBF himself said he had done "minor" recording, and then after that says he recorded shitloads of solos for Axl to choose from.

Looks like Axl might have other ideas.:buckethead:

No one is going to know exactly who is on the album until its released. Izzy didn't even know about My World until after UYI release.

If Axl would do something without Izzy's knowledge, its a safe assumption these hundred people who have walked through the band wont know their role either.

It is now a FACT Bucket is on the album, and I take that as a good thing.:thumbup:

It means he didn't do something drastic like have the 07 lineup rerecord everything.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Guys, BH was never out of the album. Do you not remember axl saying that BBF would only be re-recording some parts, not all?

A song quite clearly based around him is a bit more than that though....:P wink

Do we know what Buckethead is actually doing right now?  Certainly Brain has not replied to my e-mail.

But isn't he supposed to be working on a new project with Brain + co. called Corpse of Mugabe or something?  That *seems* to be the only "spanner in the works" for me - although Bucket and chums can of course record really fast.  Bigbri?

Well, right now he is on tour. He's working with Brain and Bootsy in the band Science Faxtion, but we just got news the other day that that project has been delayed. Curious. I assume it is just one of those things, but who knows. Bucket is touring until Nov. 11, for sure. That's his NYC show, so it won't be cancelled.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, right now he is on tour. He's working with Brain and Bootsy in the band Science Faxtion, but we just got news the other day that that project has been delayed.

18 WOW. Hadn't heard that. Pretty big news in my opinion.  While I was looking forward to that, a 2008 lineup with Bucket and Brain obviously takes priority over a side project(no offense to Bootsy).

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

As long as Bucket plays his show on the 28th of July, I'm happy.

James

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Konami sues Harmonix, Viacom, and MTV over Rock Band
by Nilay Patel, posted Jul 11th 2008 at 1:17AM

Alright, this is getting a little silly. First it was Gibson claiming that Rock Band and Guitar Hero violated a patent covering "simulating a musical performance," and now Konami is suing Harmonix, Viacom, and MTV Game because Rock Band allegedly violates a similar set of patents covering "simulated musical instruments" and "musical rhythm-based matching games." Filed in good ol' Marshall, the suit seeks the big green in damages and an order preventing the sale of Rock Band's instruments. Interestingly, Gamasutra noticed last year that the fine print on Activision's Guitar Hero homepage says the game is covered by the Konami patents in question, so it appears that Activision's managed to reach a licensing agreement with Konami -- which, if true, doesn't necessarily bode well for Harmonix and company. No one's commenting yet, but we hear Harmonix's lawyers are furiously punching in the old up-up-down-down trying to get this to go away.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/11/kona … rock-band/

Obviously nothing is concrete about this whole thing yet, but wouldn't that just be the way for GNR and their fans? Get ready to finally come to market and they are rumored to be aligned with something that may go into litigation!

Damn. We should have expected this.:haha:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, right now he is on tour. He's working with Brain and Bootsy in the band Science Faxtion, but we just got news the other day that that project has been delayed. Curious. I assume it is just one of those things, but who knows. Bucket is touring until Nov. 11, for sure. That's his NYC show, so it won't be cancelled.

Bootiful my friend.:D

Looks like a lot of *things* are being "delayed" in Bucketheadland at the moment....

If 'duty' called (the chance to send his career into the stratosphere with GN'R (I mean let's face it hardly anybody has heard of him, say, here in Europe as far as I can tell)): do you think he would cancel his tour plans?

James

James wrote:

While Bri's the Bucket expert of GNR Evolution, I can safely say he wouldn't cancel a tour. Way too devoted to his fanbase, regardless of its size. IF, and thats obviously a pretty big IF at the moment, Bucket is coming back, GNR could plan things around his tour.

Now if this tour does indeed get canceled, well you guys know whats happening...

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

While Bri's the Bucket expert of GNR Evolution, I can safely say he wouldn't cancel a tour. Way too devoted to his fanbase, regardless of its size. IF, and thats obviously a pretty big IF at the moment, Bucket is coming back, GNR could plan things around his tour.

Now if this tour does indeed get canceled, well you guys know whats happening...

Someone said I think in one of the other threads that Bucket in LA around the time of the VMAs (I know - I know - don't shoot me smile) and now the tour ending autumn (fall to you guys) - around the *earliest*, I guess, GN'R could hit the road to start at least the major leg of an album-promoting (<seems weird to write those words) tour stateside.  Some of Robin's tour plans IIRC *end* (temporarily?) around this time as well.

Has the tour started yet?  (I agree Bucket's devotion to his fans is truly overwhelming.)

But... Corpse of Mugabe couldn't be the reason this was canceled though, could it?:nervous:

Board footer