You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Rumor: Unheard GNR song on Rockband 2

war wrote:

most of you probably already read this but i didn't see it posted anywhere, only that it is indeed a gnr track. well, it is confirmed to be on the game as well.

mysteron wrote "The Rock Band 2 rumo(u)r is credible. That is a far as I can push it."

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The confirmation that Shackler's Revenge is enough credibility for me, but to see it put more firmly is a plus. Here's hoping it goes through correctly!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

He also said he didn't know anything about the Rock Band rumor though.  That he wouldn't be the one that would know such things or if he did it wasn't his place to confirm or deny.

war

war wrote:

he said that first and then opened up a bit after some more questioning. mysteron isn't gonna give out fake info. on the contrary, he's much more likely to withhold info. so when he is secretive about a topic and then opens up about it, it's pretty safe to say he is telling the truth on the latter. 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

He also said he didn't know anything about the Rock Band rumor though.  That he wouldn't be the one that would know such things or if he did it wasn't his place to confirm or deny.

It could easily fall through. After the Harley ad clusterfuck, no one in the GNR camp is gonna go out on a limb and confirm something of this nature. All he can do is confirm the existence of the song and its album status. Anymore details would be insane and most certainly damage his credibility if the Rock Band thing turned into another Harley ad.

The GNR camp really dodged a bullet regarding that Harley promo, because it was just so unprofessional on so many levels.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

While Bri's the Bucket expert of GNR Evolution, I can safely say he wouldn't cancel a tour. Way too devoted to his fanbase, regardless of its size. IF, and thats obviously a pretty big IF at the moment, Bucket is coming back, GNR could plan things around his tour.

Now if this tour does indeed get canceled, well you guys know whats happening...

No chance, absolutely zero, that Bucket cancels a tour. First, he hasn't toured in two years. Second, he doesn't disappoint fans like that.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Konami sues Harmonix, Viacom, and MTV over Rock Band
by Nilay Patel, posted Jul 11th 2008 at 1:17AM

Alright, this is getting a little silly. First it was Gibson claiming that Rock Band and Guitar Hero violated a patent covering "simulating a musical performance," and now Konami is suing Harmonix, Viacom, and MTV Game because Rock Band allegedly violates a similar set of patents covering "simulated musical instruments" and "musical rhythm-based matching games." Filed in good ol' Marshall, the suit seeks the big green in damages and an order preventing the sale of Rock Band's instruments. Interestingly, Gamasutra noticed last year that the fine print on Activision's Guitar Hero homepage says the game is covered by the Konami patents in question, so it appears that Activision's managed to reach a licensing agreement with Konami -- which, if true, doesn't necessarily bode well for Harmonix and company. No one's commenting yet, but we hear Harmonix's lawyers are furiously punching in the old up-up-down-down trying to get this to go away.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/11/kona … rock-band/

Obviously nothing is concrete about this whole thing yet, but wouldn't that just be the way for GNR and their fans? Get ready to finally come to market and they are rumored to be aligned with something that may go into litigation!

Nothing will happen about this to delay the release of this game. Activision and Harmonix have been getting sued for a while now about all the guitar stuff. Gibson tried suing Activision and that turned out to be fruitless. So will this.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

While Bri's the Bucket expert of GNR Evolution, I can safely say he wouldn't cancel a tour. Way too devoted to his fanbase, regardless of its size. IF, and thats obviously a pretty big IF at the moment, Bucket is coming back, GNR could plan things around his tour.

Now if this tour does indeed get canceled, well you guys know whats happening...

No chance, absolutely zero, that Bucket cancels a tour. First, he hasn't toured in two years. Second, he doesn't disappoint fans like that.

didn't axl blame BH for cancelling shows in 04?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

didn't axl blame BH for cancelling shows in 04?

And those shows in 2001 he "didn't know about". It was blamed on Bucket being sick.

war

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

It could easily fall through. After the Harley ad clusterfuck, no one in the GNR camp is gonna go out on a limb and confirm something of this nature. All he can do is confirm the existence of the song and its album status. Anymore details would be insane and most certainly damage his credibility if the Rock Band thing turned into another Harley ad.

The GNR camp really dodged a bullet regarding that Harley promo, because it was just so unprofessional on so many levels.

yes it was - anyone hear anything more about that one as far as contracts, future plans, etc.

i ask cause i wonder if gnr owes harley something or another. they must have had some sort of contract.

i can say it's different now cause the album is done.

with thh harley thing we got pretty believable info from merck afterwards that the album was not done like it was supposed to be in the timeline that had the commercial coming out featuring better as the first single.

Board footer