You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Rumor: Unheard GNR song on Rockband 2

war wrote:

if there are no instrumental tracks, other than the one in question, on that leaked list and none have been on the game in the past i think it's most likely that they wont have any instrumentals on rock band 2.

if shacklers revenge is an instrumental than the list is not 100 percent accurate

if the list is accurate then buckethead was kind enough to give his song to axl for futher creation and we have our first single.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Didn't we get our answer with Neemo's post at 15:47. It's a Buckethead-related song, perhaps brought to GNR, but I'd be willing to guess it's just instrumental. Actually, I guess that doesn't answer it. Could be fake, but totally a Bucket-sounding song. I'd bet "Shackler's Revenge" is a marital arts movie. It's interesting to note that the Buckethead FAQ Neemo linked to is from 2001 or 2002. About the time Bucket left, right?

what kinda of stuff was bucket doing back then? I know he was on Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains with Bootsy was most of his material like that back then?

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

like i said, it could have been an old buckethead song axl liked, and decided re-record it with vocals and such.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

what kinda of stuff was bucket doing back then? I know he was on Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains with Bootsy was most of his material like that back then?

Bucket has tons of material, but Electric Tears was released during the 2002 clusterfuck.

James

James wrote:

For those that never heard the material, or don't care about Bucket one way or the other, here's a couple tracks from that period:

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, it's hard to pin down what "era" Bucket was in around 2002, but the Dragon Ball Z soundtrack was 2001, which featured the song "Shackler."

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This is off topic, but if you want to entertain yourself, check out this Buckethead discography. It's not even updated with the last half of 07 or this year, but it still illustrates his ridiculous productivity.

http://www.bingeandgrab.com/discography_years.html

And if you want to know what he was doing around the time he could have brought "Shackler's Revenge" to GNR, there's all the info you need.

James

James wrote:

Bri, ask saul if he has that soundtrack(or someone else you know in the BH communities). Would be cool to get ahold of this track somehow.

James

James wrote:

Yeah I know Bucket's all over the place, but I thought Sketches of Spain and Padmasana were good examples from that time frame now that we  have these recent leaks and see the mellow direction it went in.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Holy fuck there are a lot of albums hes been on. I only have In Search Of The, which i think was kind of mediocre seeing as half the songs were just jams,

Board footer