You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bach talks about Axl on Angel Down

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I really can't see how this is negative, fine if it's your opinion but I just don't get it.   That was more then backing vocals on Don't Cry, Hoon sang the whole song with Axl and Coopers part was pretty big on The Garden and look at Ain't It Fun with Michael Monroe so this really isn't all that odd.   Even if it's 3 on one album you had Hoon on 2 songs on UYI's and in the video of Don't Cry to boot.

You're grasping for straws.  Hoon on 2 songs (one you can't even hear and the other as a complimentary voice) out of 30 on an album where other band members sing some songs as well isn't a big deal.  1 solo album (his first in ages) by a guy who's only value to music is his voice gives way to somebody else on at least one song as the lead and some contributions to 2 other songs AND THEN allows the song the other guy sings lead on to be used to promote the album doesn't strike you as being even a little odd?

DTJ, you're usually more open minded then that.  I'm not surprised that some people only see this as a good thing, but I am surprised that you are one of them.  Surely this isn't all doom and gloom, but it isn't some great thing either and the odds of bad consequences far outweigh the good.

I definitely think it's odd as I have posted before but I just don't see it as a nagative thing.   I think that Baz and Axl are so tight that he decided to give Axl a song all to himself, I am sure this decision was reached when they were in the studio talking about the album and joking around and all that.  Knowing the benefits that it could sell him more albums, why not put Axl on there but I am willing to bet that he did this just as a friend without saying you know, if I put Axl on my record people will go insane

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Buzzsaw, how about Hoon on 2 songs, Cooper on 1, for a band in their prime vs. a big star and talent on 3 songs for an album that will get minimum exposure?

If I had a band, I'd want Axl on my record. Hell, I'd want Bach, Hoon and Cooper too. And Slash.

Talent is talent. Get what you can.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Surely this isn't all doom and gloom, but it isn't some great thing either and the odds of bad consequences far outweigh the good.

Well I personally am going to have to agree to disagree with you. 16

For me I think its a great thing! Because:

1. Axl's voice in studio quality - first time heard since "Oh My God" (well i guess we heard some unmastered stuff with the leaks...but that just makes me want this more.)

2. I'm a big fan of Sebastian. In addition to his shows with GNR, I also saw him at a solo gig here, and it really made me respect that the guy (a) Still has it and (b) Really epitimises what real rock is!!

So the way I see it - i'd be happy to hear both #1 and #2 independently - them happening in the one event is pretty damn exciting and a great thing.

I really don't understand "the consequences" that your afraid of? Like what? I dont think anyone expects Baz's album to be a #1 - its a niece market - but the fans like me will like it!! And what else? Someone will say something bad and axl won't release CD? if he was worried about that then theres already enough negavitity about his new band to ensure CD would never come out. So it either never will - or he will go "fuck it" and bring it out - I really cant see any world in which Baz's record has any effect on CD.

Axl did this cos he is mates with Baz, was in the mood and it was fun. Its going to be a fun record - why is everyone so stressed out?

I dont think its odd in the least.   look in other music genres.  how many albums do rappers have their friends do guest spots on.. and often on multiple songs.

this is going to be a fun rock album, i'm not expecting anything ground breaking.   The 2 songs I've heard so far I do like.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

anyone record it? send to me please!!

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I dont think its odd in the least.   look in other music genres.  how many albums do rappers have their friends do guest spots on.. and often on multiple songs.

this is going to be a fun rock album, i'm not expecting anything ground breaking.   The 2 songs I've heard so far I do like.

That's the thing, I don't listen to rap albums so to me 3 songs on one album is new to me, that's the only thing I meant as odd but I don't see anything wrong with this, I am looking forward to this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Good point. Last time I was downloading some of Nicole Scherzinger's music, it was like finding a needle in a haystack to find something without some rapper on it. Same with Christina Milan.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Again, you're comparing apples to oranges.  Even with the poor comparison, how many rappers have the same friend do 3 songs and take over the lead for a whole song?  Never.  It doesn't happen.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That doesn't happen on the 2 Eminem albums I have, but whatever.  The point is still the same.  Axl is being used and everybody seems to be ok with it, so enjoy.  I don't want to see any of you complaining down the road.

Board footer