You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bach talks about Axl on Angel Down

AtariLegend wrote:

^

"Axl Rose... and I have him singing featured lead vocals on three songs".

....?

If these aren't earlier demos, then several people have manged to make the same "mis-leading" comment by mistake... tongue (Yeah Right)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

In case this hasn't already been posted, source comes with videos....

One of Rock N Roll's most legendary lead vocalists, Sebastian Bach, is getting ready to release his first solo album in 8 years 'Angel Down' and the album is the first release off of his own label, Get Off My Bach Productions which is a subsidiary of EMI. 'Angel Down,' which was produced by Roy Z (Bruce Dickenson, Judas Priest), also features Axl Rose who lends his vocal talents to the project. The collaboration between Bach and Rose, who are old friends dating back to when Bach and his former band Skid Row opened up for Guns N Roses on their Use Your Illusion Tour, began after Bach helped Rose on his highly anticipated upcoming Guns N Roses release 'Chinese Democracy.' Axl Rose actually contributes vocals to three tracks on 'Angel Down' but most notable perhaps is a rendition of Aerosmith's 'Back in the Saddle.'

We caught up with Sebastian Bach to find out how surprised he was to get a text message from Axl Rose saying he would sing on 'Angel Down.' [See Video]

"So then I got this record deal and came out to finish my record a couple of months ago. And I just texted Axl at LAX just walking around baggage claim and I go 'Hey, when are you going to sing on my record.' Like some snotty nose kid, totally joking around. Then one word comes on my phone, When. I go 'Get the...' I just remember stopping dead in my tracks and going 'No, no he's not going to sing on my album, there's no way. And I go 'We're in the studio Monday 1 till 5 in the morning' and he goes ' What's the address.' He doesn't let me down man and he doesn't mess around. He's very direct and he's very intense and he doesn't say anything he doesn't mean."

Bach even admitted how happy he was to have his old friend Axl on the project and he even considers Axl one of his closest friends in the music industry and thankful for all the help he's given him in the past.

"And he sang three songs. He sang 'Back in the Saddle,' 'Love is a Bitch Slap' and 'Stuck Inside.' I'm so happy with the record and to have him on it as well is just mind blowing. I could not thank him enough. He's helped me more than anybody else in Rock, he's helped me. With touring and back in Skid Row, we opened the Use Your Illusion Tour and that's the way he is. He just helps out. He helps me out."

'Angel Down' is Sebastian Bach's first solo album in since 'Bach 2 Basics' and the album took a little longer than expected since Bach's original record label went under during the recording process. We also spoke with Sebastian about the recording process of 'Angel Down' taking a little longer than originally planned.

"You can say it was a bit of a hard road only in the respect that I paid for a lot of it out of my own pocket. Which a lot of musicians don't do. I was on a label that went out of business before my record was done. And they owed me and we had a contract and they didn't give me half the money. So, I paid for it myself because I believed in it. I finished it ninety percent and then I sent it to Jason Flom, who's the guy that signed me in Skid Row in 1987 and he fell in love especially with the song 'By Your Side' was the one he really liked. Then I got a record deal. I got my own deal with my own label, through EMI and I'm a very lucky guy. Jason came through again for me."

After coming close to winning the latest reality show 'Celebrity Rap Superstar,' Bach will look to release the album on November 20th. In a move of pure promoting ingenuity, Bach even had a chance to perform his song 'November 20' on the show and on MTV's TRL as well in a move that only builds to the excitement and anticipation his fans are feeling. After touring this summer with Guns N Roses, Sebastian Bach will look to finally have a break in his extremely busy schedule as he looks to put together a tour in 2008 in support of 'Angel Down.'

Source: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/vid … _bach.html

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

On Angel Down, Sebastian Bach proves that he is the definition of an 'American Metalhead'.

except that he's Canadian tongue

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

OBITUARY guitarist Ralph Santolla (also ex-DEICIDE, ICED EARTH, SEBASTIAN BACH, DEATH) has issued the following update:

"I wrote a song on the new SEBASTIAN BACH record, 'Angel Down', which is coming out soon. The song is called 'You Bring Me Down', and you can check out audio samples at Amazon.com. I haven't heard the song or the record yet. I'm curious to see if he changed any of my music or lyrics. He changed the title from 'Down', for some reason, but I heard about that and registered the song under both names! It's a STARE song, from the band I'm working on with Johnny Leannarts (I'll call him Johnny Chromatic over my dead body!!!).

"Johnny doesn't seem to get much mention in all the postings about Sebastian online, but I hope this record changes that. He's an amazing guitarist, a great singer, and writes killer songs. When we finally get our STARE record out, people will be blown away by him. I'm glad I had the good sense to pluck him from obscurity and get him in that band! He's too busy hanging out with Axl [Rose] to thank me, though (Johnny, that is)."

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Thanks to funkymonkey at HTGTH

Sebastian "Back in the Saddle" with new album

Fri Nov 9, 2007 11:08pm EST

By Christa Titus

NEW YORK (Billboard) - After filling arenas worldwide in the '80s as the lead singer of Skid Row, Sebastian Bach developed a successful Broadway career with such productions as "Jeckyl & Hyde," "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Jesus Christ Superstar."

Nowadays, when he's not touring as a solo artist, he can usually be found on one reality show or another, the latest being "Celebrity Rap Superstar." As the November 20 release of his new album, "Angel Down" approaches, Bach chatted with Billboard about future career aspirations and recording with the elusive Axl Rose.

1. IT'S BEEN EIGHT YEARS SINCE YOUR LAST SOLO RECORD. WHY?

I've done four Broadway shows since that record and I definitely count all my Broadway shows as part of my body of work. This is (also) the return of Mr. Axl Rose. The whole world has been waiting over 15 years to hear him put out new songs. That day is November 20. He sings three songs on the record.

2. HOW WAS IT RECORDING WITH HIM?

We had a great time. It took him about two hours to do "Back in the Saddle" and "(Love Is) a Bitchslap," and then he's like, "Right on, OK, it's like 2, 3 in the morning." I said, "Dude, you gotta take one whack at this song 'Stuck Inside,'" and he kinda got a little sniffy. I go, "Would ya just do the one f---ing shot?" He very carefully wrote the words he was gonna sing and came in with this f---ing vocal at the end when he goes to this high part of this high harmony above the ending chorus. It's astonishing.

3. HOW DID YOU GET HIM ON YOUR RECORD?

I sang on "Chinese Democracy" this song "Sorry," and then I just toured with him this summer in Australia and New Zealand. I texted him: "Hey, Axl, when are you gonna sing on my record?," just kinda kidding around, and I got one word back. He goes, "When?" And I go, "Well, we're in Monday," and he goes, "What's the address?" It's that simple. He goes, "Well dude, you know, not many people ask me to do this. I love doing this. This is like the coolest thing I've been asked to do."

4. HOW DID IT FEEL TO COVER "BACK IN THE SADDLE?"

I got (Aerosmith singer) Steve Tyler's blessing on the phone 'cause Axl called him right up there in the studio and handed me the cell phone. So to get the thumb's up from Steven and Axl's a pretty f---ing good omen (to) me.

Complete article here: http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNew … geNumber=1

At least wait to be asked about Axl, now it's the first thing Baz mentions, like the albums an after thought 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, its starting to get annoying. I wish him luck with the record, but I wish he would concentrate on his own thing now.

Jameslofton wrote:

OBITUARY guitarist Ralph Santolla (also ex-DEICIDE, ICED EARTH, SEBASTIAN BACH, DEATH) has issued the following update:

"I wrote a song on the new SEBASTIAN BACH record, 'Angel Down', which is coming out soon. The song is called 'You Bring Me Down', and you can check out audio samples at Amazon.com. I haven't heard the song or the record yet. I'm curious to see if he changed any of my music or lyrics. He changed the title from 'Down', for some reason, but I heard about that and registered the song under both names! It's a STARE song, from the band I'm working on with Johnny Leannarts (I'll call him Johnny Chromatic over my dead body!!!).

"Johnny doesn't seem to get much mention in all the postings about Sebastian online, but I hope this record changes that. He's an amazing guitarist, a great singer, and writes killer songs. When we finally get our STARE record out, people will be blown away by him. I'm glad I had the good sense to pluck him from obscurity and get him in that band! He's too busy hanging out with Axl [Rose] to thank me, though (Johnny, that is)."

I am sure he gives the guy credit on the album.   I don't know who this guitarist is maybe he figures no one knows him but I really think Axl is just his guy, that friend that you mention constantly.

Also, as annoying as it can be for some that he mentions Axl all the time and then the interviews do get a few questions that are about Axl, it's not the entire interview, we only see what posted cuz it has to do with Axl and the rest is about him.    One bit of info is new that I have read here in the interview that APE posted.  Axl called Steven Tyler in the studio for Tylers blessing, that's cool.  That's something called doing the right thing by the people you respect and doing their material.    Best to get the permission in person and not just in writing.  Nice move!

Board footer