You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R may perform at VMA's

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

blah blah blah....they aren't going back to the VMA'S (and who gives a real fuck if they do) until they (or he) has a product to sell. It was obvious in 2002 that they were close to a release so they did it. Axl/Redhead freaks out after Philly meltdown, all plans off.....2008, possible, but highly doubtful unless they have A. a new single that is ALREADY on radio for at least 2-3 weeks or B. a reunion performance.

shackler's revenge would have to be out by then fi all we are hearing is true

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I didn't really catch anything in the article that suggested they might perform. It was more of them pointing out the big surprise acts in the past as a way to pimp the show.

And I think Axl's intro for The Killers was better than the whole VMA 02 thing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Seriously? That was the most awkward public moment for Axl I have ever seen. After he screamed, you could hear a pin drop in that building. I bet he felt very uncomfortable after that reaction.

war

war wrote:

it said that they are talking to "all of them"
after mentioning a list of people that included gnr

unfortuntely, he may have meant that they are talking to anybody interested as if to say expect to be surprised and the list was a seperate piece

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
war wrote:

it said that they are talking with the people on the list

Read between the lines, the person just blew off the reporter as quickly as he could... It doesn't mean they are seriously working out plans and schedules with these acts. I wouldn't be surprised if none of the names mentioned appeared. Probably the most likely one will be Eminem, I think he's coming ou twith an album soon & will be given a big marketing push from his label I'd assume.

Or Britney. But I'd put that at next year.

war

war wrote:

i don't know what you are talking about
i understand people don't want to get burned again but ignoring gnr's past for one second,

all signs point to the album dropping sooner than later. playing at the vma's, if allowed to, would be as great a way as it was in '02 to promote the album. now they need to follow through. i don't think azoff will go in as unorganized as merck did.

i am not saying i would bet a lot of money on it happening but there is clearly reason for hope at this point, for a few things.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
war wrote:

i am not saying i would bet a lot of money on it happening but there is clearly reason for hope at this point, for a few things.

I had hope in 02, I had hope in 03, I had hope in 06, I hadhope in 07.... I have no hope left, I just want facts, cold hard facts. Not some reporter asking a head at MTV If "MJ, Britney, N'Sync, Eminem, Dr Dre, GnR" will play the VMA's and the guy, not wanting to give any hints just saying "Oh yeah, we're talking to all of them" That doesn't mean anything to me. I mean, geez, Michael Jackson & N'Sync??!!  That right there tells how how seriously MTV is talking to "all of them"!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I mean, geez, Michael Jackson & N'Sync??!!  That right there tells how how seriously MTV is talking to "all of them"!!

Good point.

war

war wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
war wrote:

I had hope in 02, I had hope in 03, I had hope in 06, I hadhope in 07.... I have no hope left, I just want facts, cold hard facts. Not some reporter asking a head at MTV If "MJ, Britney, N'Sync, Eminem, Dr Dre, GnR" will play the VMA's and the guy, not wanting to give any hints just saying "Oh yeah, we're talking to all of them" That doesn't mean anything to me. I mean, geez, Michael Jackson & N'Sync??!!  That right there tells how how seriously MTV is talking to "all of them"!!

i agree with that

all i am saying is that it's not out of the question

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

Seriously? That was the most awkward public moment for Axl I have ever seen. After he screamed, you could hear a pin drop in that building. I bet he felt very uncomfortable after that reaction.

Agreed. I thought that was stupid. Him screaming the way he did was ridiculous and it sounded awful in my opinion . The epitomy of awkward in my opinion.

Board footer