You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: The Azoff factor re-examined: could he be targeting Bucket, not Slash?

Arcade Roses wrote:
elmir wrote:

to get BH back, and one way to get him back is to leak/release heavily influenced BH tracks, give him some royalties off this new video game, make him realise how important he really was....get him back, tour the world, release this fucker....

I agree up to the original line-up reunion part.  But yes - such feats would indeed make Azoff (and Gould too?) very rich men.

elmir wrote:

.....he is first and foremost an artist, and to see and hear how the world is salivating over these shitty leaks must be making him feel pretty good, because there must be even better shit behind the scenes which we don't know about....

Isn't Buckethead's work on 'Prostitute' (if it is not 'song 2') said to be 'unique'?:P

elmir wrote:

he might just be tempted to do this again....

(Agree.)

DCK... I didn't steal the car... more got a ride in it once the original thief had walked away and left the doors open and the engine running.:smile:

Downliner - don't put too much faith in this speculation.  I personally don't think he will return.  But there is just as much increasing evidence of this as there is the original line-up reuniting, so maybe I'm just being really pessimistic/realistic - the bitter pill of years of being a GN'R fan.:haha::)

Sky Dog wrote:

IF anything ever happens, we have no clue who will show up when they surface again. As far as Azoff doing anything, still no release date, no tour dates, nothing but one band member leaving. Doesn't look any different to me.:butt:

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

then again, the reason why Azoff/Gould got hired is because Axl needs someone blame all his shit on....Goldstein is no longer there, Merck left ages ago....blaming band members is too old, it would never work anymore....he just needs someone else to shoulder the blame....and Azoff's as good as anyone else...

I sense another "open letter to fans" coming beginning of next year when we get nothing again....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Am I the only one who remembers Tommy totally running Buckethead down
on the radio? What did he call him, fuckhead or something?

Tommy HATES Buckethead. He made that very clear. I don't know if Tommy
would stay if Buckethead was brought back in.

And I get the feeling Brain just stopped caring.

elmir

elmir wrote:
misterID wrote:

Am I the only one who remembers Tommy totally running Buckethead down
on the radio? What did he call him, fuckhead or something?

yup, I remember that too....

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
elmir wrote:

then again, the reason why Azoff/Gould got hired is because Axl needs someone blame all his shit on....Goldstein is no longer there, Merck left ages ago....blaming band members is too old, it would never work anymore....he just needs someone else to shoulder the blame....and Azoff's as good as anyone else...

I sense another "open letter to fans" coming beginning of next year when we get nothing again....

If Azoff is as savvy as is reported I don't think he would fall for that...especially if Merck recommended him. And I also believe he would have been given a clear direction  by Axl i.e.

- get the album released
- get bucket back

etc etc

elmir

elmir wrote:

axl's track record indicates otherwise....but i sure do hope you're right....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Bucket ain't coming back. It's totally not happening. Tommy hated his guts too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DCK wrote:

Bucket ain't coming back. It's totally not happening. Tommy hated his guts too.

So? Does Tommy make the decisions?

Axl was trying to get Bucket back right before Hammerstein, so he either clearly doesn't give two shits about what Tommy thinks, or Tommy agreed he should be brought back.

Saying its "totally not happening" considering the fact he is all over the record is a bit overboard.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Not to be harsh, but it's not Tommy's choice. If he can't deal with it, let him quit. Nothing he does on these songs or the old ones is that fantastic... in fact we should have a thread for him like we do for Robin. After 8 years why hasn't he pushed himself to record something really good for this record? Until the latest leaks you couldn't even hear him, and apart from IRS and Riyadh I don't think his work indicates any level of effort or interest in the band.

Did anyone push themselves on CD? Tommy's work is meh, Bucket plays at standard Bucket-level, who knows about Huge, Robin's work is sometimes great but hard to judge, Brain's been a huge disappointment at least to me, and while Axl has brilliant moments lyrically and vocally he's been working on the same songs for a decade.

Board footer