You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Azoff factor re-examined: could he be targeting Bucket, not Slash?

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsUFyKRu … hp?id=2876

Tommy on the David Letterman show in 1993....not the Mats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e_DpGqgrKw

Tommy on mtv as interview for just him

what the fuck qualifies as a rock star?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I can name quite a few shitty bands that have been on mtv and letterman.  That's not qualifications for a rock star, that's called promotion.

A full length interview in Billboard or RS or whatever magazine you want to pick doesn't qualify someone as a rock star.  Magazine covers, multiple interviews in multiple magazines, multiple appearances on multiple tv shows, fame, fortune, paparzzi, etc...that makes a rock star - not somebody that was lucky enough to get there once or twice and the general public has no idea who he is.  He is a rock musician, he's not a rock star.

Sky Dog wrote:

bands like Matchbox 20....being an example? And, I guarantee you they sought Tommy out.....not the other way around. Weak comeback. I can go toe to toe with you all day long if you want.:haha:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

bands like Matchbox 20....being an example? And, I guarantee you they sought Tommy out.....not the other way around. Weak comeback. I can go toe to toe with you all day long if you want.:haha:

I've made my point and I'm done with you.  You just will never see him for what he really is and I accept that about you.

Sky Dog wrote:

semantics...he is not a rock star by your definition...YOU are correct. By my definition, he is a rock star among rock stars....the general public are sheep. I discount them almost all together. He is respected amongst his peers-the true measure of what a rock star is to ME. I am done as well. 19

ps I need a drink...almost happy hour on the east coast...Tommy's my boy and I got to defend him on these forums.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You guys are done? Seriously? I had just made some popcorn.:haha:

Sky Dog wrote:

Back to the original question, I don't think Azoff was brought in to get Bucket back. He was brought in to resurrect and reignite the Gnr brand by whatever means necessary. I still think he has a dual purpose of releasing CD and putting together a reunion.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Back to the original question, I don't think Azoff was brought in to get Bucket back. He was brought in to resurrect and reignite the Gnr brand by whatever means necessary. I still think he has a dual purpose of releasing CD and putting together a reunion.

Once again, we agree on something!  It happens now and then.

Sky Dog wrote:

I noticed that as well...just forgot to mention it. 10 We don't disagree that much and the other debate would have ended quickly had we defined our perception of rock star early on. Right now, Gnr is just Axl. I highly highly doubt anyone, including my boy Tommy, is under contract. So, we'll see who shows up the next time the redhead surfaces. It could literally go in all kinds of directions.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
madagas wrote:

Back to the original question, I don't think Azoff was brought in to get Bucket back. He was brought in to resurrect and reignite the Gnr brand by whatever means necessary.

Well he was definitely bought back to negotiate with the record company. Forget the members a moment, there's one big problem with GNR...they just can't seem to release music irrespective who's in and out.

So I would imagine thats his primary focus. One step at a time. And whatever comes of that may have an impact on what happens with regards to the members, a release date and a promotion plan maybe all it takes to bring back whomever they want.

Board footer