You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Scabbie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Big deal.  Really.  I have 9 CD tracks already.  Is it a new song?  Yes.  Will we hear it before game comes out?  Yes.  We have been reduced to going ape shit over a song we have never heard of on a game most of us don't play.  I find it hilarious how much Jarmo hated Slash being on Guitar hero, yet they welcome this with open arms.  I find it hilarious for 11 years, or 9 if you count OH MY GOD, that this is the breaking news we get.  We, DR. Pepper too, oh and the Harley ad that NEVER happened.  I just feel really dumbed down.  I don't own one of these "game systems" and people will buy the game just to hear the song. 

So to sum up, I am happy about the CD song on a video game.....

My priority is the album, everything else is bullshit to me frankly. 

I would be happier if this was on a movie sound track. 

GNR should release album before Rock Band comes out.  If the song kicks ass, that many more people will want to play it on rock band.  If the song sux on Rock Band, fewer people will buy the album.  The song will be going against classics on the video game and it won't be the best song on the game or the best GNR song period. 

I don't have a point to this ramble.

I think you have a good point, you don't want all the fuss just the music. A large portion of GNR listeners will also share your view.

This will be part of an all round promotional strategy in my opinion

I'm just not quite sure why they are still 'hoping' though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

...I just don't believe it's actually coming out and won't until I see it.  This game doesn't change anything.

To me, the game changes everything. We're getting the first officially released GNR material since Oh My God.

I agree. Even if Axl wanted to take his ball and run home, a bigger boy has control of the ball at this moment.

Amazing(not really) that the official site hasn't been updated. There should be nothing about Finck or any of these guys on that. It should be a site thats practically a tribute to Rock Band. 16 year old hardcore gamers who will check that site out don't give two shits about Finck, and never will.

No offense to Finck of course.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

It's gonna take Ax a few days to put together a 3000 word essay on revenge, chickens, shit in buckets, and Dr Pepper...and the societal repression of all those things whipped together in one feathery foil.:bj:

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

It's gonna take Ax a few days to put together a 3000 word essay on revenge, chickens, shit in buckets, and Dr Pepper...and the societal repression of all those things whipped together in one feathery foil.:bj:

He'll also mention that its one of the most amazing songs ever recorded, but if at least two people don't like it, it reverts back to demo status.

James

James wrote:

I have a 360, but am not a hardcore gamer anymore. Rarely play actually. Its why I let my xbox live subscription run out ages ago.

Now I am in a position(like others) where it looks like the marketing strategy of this is sorta hinging on us fans buying this, which I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO desire to play.

Gonna suck putting down 60 bucks for something I'll never take out of the cellophane. However, I always said if Bucket stays on the music, I'm fully supporting the project as a whole, so I guess I'm buying this.

I'll probably just buy it for my cousin.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i can't beleive peopel are so excited about this .... its not even an official band source....anyway its one track and i doubt we will here a perfect version of it for a couple weeks after the game is released as someone will have to score perfect for us to hear the song properly

anyway for me its album or bust and, like buzzsaw and smoking guns.....i'll beleive it when i see it sad

i caution everyone to not get too carried away we've all been down this road before

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So the bone they throw us is to spend a lot of money on a video game?  Surely you jest... ha.

It better be on fucking itunes.

It better be able to hang with all those classic songs or it will get skipped over for more fun, famous songs.

If this songs sux it will be the laughing stock of the game. But I am sure it won't suck, but Let There Be Rock will be one of the most fun songs to play.  They probably should have gone with a Paradise City or so if you are the game, but for GNR a new song is cool.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i can't beleive peopel are so excited about this .... its not even an official band source....anyway its one track and i doubt we will here a perfect version of it for a couple weeks after the game is released as someone will have to score perfect for us to hear the song properly

anyway for me its album or bust and, like buzzsaw and smoking guns.....i'll beleive it when i see it sad

i caution everyone to not get too carried away we've all been down this road before

Neemo, its getting to the point of fucking lame.  RELEASE THE MOTHER FUCKER.  I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT DAMN CARTOON VIDEO GAMES.  WHAT IS NEXT?  A GNR SINGLE IN A CRACKER JACK BOX? 

This will now be the 10th song from CD we would have heard....

Maybe the plan is to never release CD in a propper way, but to slowly release each song one by one so we spend $400 for one song to punish all of us for downloading the leaks?!?!?!?!?!

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i can't beleive peopel are so excited about this .... its not even an official band source....

Tiny Tim could announce this from his coffin and it doesn't change its status. Its on the game. There's no going back now.

I agree somewhat regarding the album as a whole, as we've seen disasters happen before. However, there's no reason for people to hold back any excitement because the song is going to be on the game.

Board footer