You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: SR's leak plausibility and potential timeframe (informed speculation)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

darknemus wrote:

Hey all,

Let's stat with the basics.

A. That wasn't Ryan Lesser in the video - his voice on his voice mail box @ Harmonix was NOTHING like the guy in the video's voice.  Trust me, I listened to it about 10x just to make sure - definitely not the same individual.

B. The XBox 360 Release of RB II is scheduled for September 14th.  Keep in mind that the game stores typically get the games in 3 - 5 days ahead of schedule (with two weeks ahead not being uncommon) with a requirement to 'street date' at whatever the date is.

C. Playtesters who currently have RB II do NOT have the Shackler's Revenge track, to my understanding.

D. Assuming that the US retailers for Rock Band II get the game the day before release (let's say September 13th, although that's cutting it awful close) - we need to allow about 10 days at the least for packaging, disc duplication, etc, etc.  So that puts us at a 'gold' date of September 3rd at the absolute LATEST (This is assuming the game isn't delayed.. but Harmonix is pretty good about their sticking to release dates)

E. At that time (again, more than likely before, September 3rd is the 'D-Day' I'm throwing up here) review copies will go to press.. probably with a requirement to 'embargo' the details of the story until the release or maybe a few days beforehand.

Because of this - I would suggest the absolute LATEST we'd have a leak of the track would be September 3rd.. although I'm still putting it close to the third week of August or so, knowing how the game industry works. 

Also, keep in mind, if there *ARE* plans to release it as a single, I'd think the single would day / date release with RB II - which means that yes, another source would be out there to source a leak from, again, two weeks or so prior to release.

So - my best guess is we hear the track by August 20th.. with a 'worst case scenario' by September 3rd, if this follows any of the patterns of leaks that have occurred before.  It would not shock me, though, if the thing showed up somewhere as soon as tomorrow wink - We shall see smile

Hope you all have a great day,

-darknemus

We will find out the week leading up to Labor Day weekend if this is going to be a single or not.  Singles, big singles for Fall albums, tend to drop just prior to the last big travel/leisure weekend of the summer.  Labor Day is a prime time for radio, and the large inherent audience is recognized by the music industry.  Many people listen while traveling, at the lake, ocean and while outdoors enjoying the weekend.  If it is not on the radio by Labor Day weekend, then I doubt it's coming out as a single, and that "negotiations" (for whatever reason) are still ongoing.  If we don't see it on the radio (OFFICIALLY-- not a leaked version), by the time RockBand is in stores (mid-September), then CD surfacing in 2008 is questionable at best.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Looks like my few months later timetable *may* yet be more accurate than darknemus's.:o

Let's not go off the deep end.....

Two...months while they re-code for Rocket Queen? wink

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

This is the link for the 'game only' which, as you can see, is still listed for a September 14th release.

http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php … ock_band_2

-darknemus

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Can someone explain something to me, as I don't play these games--is the version on the game the same that would be on an album?  Or, is it changed/cut/re-recorded to fit the format of the game?

Nemus, is your leak schedule contingent upon the games release date, or a presumed single release/radio release?  I am assuming, you don't believe this would leak in August, if the games overall release is delayed by a month or two--unless, you believe Universal is shipping this to radio regardless of the games release date (revised or sept. 14).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It needs to leak in August as it will likely cause the GNR camp to actually talk, and I have a feeling the Gods will come through like they always do.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The verison of the song on Rock Band would be a single version - possibly not the album version if there's a radio edit to keep it short enough to be successful, but what you'd hear on the radio will be exactly the same as what's on the game.

Nothing would be re-recorded usually.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

As far as I can tell, as of this evening, the game is not delayed. The October date has always been for the 'special edition' (as in, the one with the instruments) and the September date has been for the 'game only'.  If this has changed, it has changed very recently (as in, after about 1 PM today, which is when I last had confirmation of said date from someone who works within the game industry)

So - while a delay is possible, I don't believe its going to happen.

I do think there will be an iTunes / Radio release, too - but it would probably correspond with the day / date of RB II - or perhaps the following Tuesday? (September 14th as currently scheduled)

-darknemus

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
BurningHills wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

So at this point it is a 100% guaranteed that SR WILL be in RB2?

I took it as 100% when it was announced everywhere a couple weeks ago. I'm not being a smartass, but did I miss something where there's a possibility that it won't?

Just paranoia among the boards.

It's not paranoia Burning Hills.  I remember the Harley add and everything else.  I've come to not expect anything from this band and not believe it until I see it.  It's called being realistic my friend.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

Dark Nemus is correct, the GAME comes out on September 16th (it ships on the 14th).
The Special Edition, thatis the bundle with the guitar, microphone, drums, and game comes out in October.

The game will come out on time.

Board footer