You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Velvet Revolver Still Mulling New Frontman

apex-twin wrote:

My line has always been that if Snakepit 3 gets big enough, touring vocalist Frankie Perez is the frontrunner for the VR vocalist spot. Slash doesn't want the hassle of a Weiland, or even a Bach. Perez will be tried and tested during the Snakepit tour, he'll learn to show up on time, give Slash a shoulder to lean onto, and most improtantly, he'll shut up and sing. Those are the main characteristics Slash values in frontmen, and marrying his solo vocalist with VR would be good to create interest over VR's next album. It'd be a Slash band with Duff and that vocalist. In terms of recognizability, it'd be good - a step out of the media blitz that surrounded Weiland since Day 1.

Axlin08 wrote:

THAT's why it needs to be at least 'somewhat' relevant.

Take it easy... I was just saying.

I'll go listen to Libertad now.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
copperye wrote:

My line has always been that if Snakepit 3 gets big enough, touring vocalist Frankie Perez is the frontrunner for the VR vocalist spot. Slash doesn't want the hassle of a Weiland, or even a Bach. Perez will be tried and tested during the Snakepit tour, he'll learn to show up on time, give Slash a shoulder to lean onto, and most improtantly, he'll shut up and sing. Those are the main characteristics Slash values in frontmen, and marrying his solo vocalist with VR would be good to create interest over VR's next album. It'd be a Slash band with Duff and that vocalist. In terms of recognizability, it'd be good - a step out of the media blitz that surrounded Weiland since Day 1.

I reckon Perez is the guy too. They're just holding back on announcing it, because VR is still way off for now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Steven Tyler's going to be looking for a job now it seems wink

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

If Steven just walked out on Aerosmith to do his own solo thing, I doubt he'd want to join up with VR to be in a band democracy situation again.

Would be cool though.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Copper me old mate, I think you're onto something very interesting there.. well thought out!!

Board footer