You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

I only see 5 guys as actually being GN'R. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve. 4 of the 5 of those guys may be ex-members now but they will always be the guys who actually are Guns N Roses to me.

bba

Well dude, that is my opinion. Do you live in Iraq or something ? Is that why you are unable to accept someone else's opinion ?

If in your mind GN'R = a revolving door of musicians that Axl has on payroll, and doesn't release albums with, that's your decision, and you are most certainly entitled to that opinion.

To me, and a shitload of other people in the world, GN'R will always be the 5 guys that I already mentioned.

It doesn't mean that I don't want to hear Axl's new music. Log off of htgth for a day or 2 and you will probably be able to comprehend a difference of opinion a little better.  16

bba

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

To play devil's advocate, you cant blame the members for not being household names. It all comes down to promotion, and the band itself hasn't been promoted properly. Yeah the GNR name is on the bill, but there has been no promotional strategy(yet) to let Joe Blow know who is in the band.

An example would be VH. If VH hadn't promoted the hell out of Wolfgang, no one would know who that kid is on stage. At some point, GNR is going to have to use a similar srategy.

theres been some.  they have a myspace profile, the website has small writeups on some of the new members, those who saw GnR on tour last year and this year are also familiar with the new guys.

True, but I'm talking about a major media blitz, and Axl has been reluctant to do that so far. If he wants this lineup to be taken seriously in all regards, he is gonna have to head to the trenches and get the job done.

The lineup can be cemented with a strategy like this:

Axl does IN DEPTH interviews. Not softball questions, not Slash diatribes, but REAL info regarding the band. He tells the world why the old band broke up, accepts part of the blame, tells why it couldn't go on any longer, and the process of restructuring the band to his particular vision. Then he uses names. Finck, Fortus,etc. Get their names out there. Tell them that this IS Guns N Roses. No wavering, no reunion talk, just tell it straight up.

Do this in various markets such as TV, magazines, and various radio outlets. Have this be like a 3 or 4 month strategy where this is all Axl does. This should actually be part of the album promo strategy. Then, after Axl has hit the media with this, let ALL the members of GNR talk about GNR and Chinese Democracy. None of this gag order shit. If there isn't a gag order and these guys don't want to talk about it, then hand them their pink slip and find someone who will talk about it. Being in GNR isn't something to be ashamed of. There's a legacy involved. Build on it.

If something like this happens, I do believe this lineup can become well known. Its not going to be easy though. Axl is going to get asked some tough questions, but he has put himself in this spot. Time to lay it all out there.

One other thing: The revolving door HAS to stop before this strategy is implemented. If he is iffy on BBF being in the band, bring back BH or someone else he had in mind. If he still wants Huge involved, dump Fortus and bring Huge back in before its time to properly launch the current era. If Brain is still a possibility, bring him back.

If CD and any albums are going to happen during the next 5 years, a stable lineup is crucial to the success and legacy of the CD era GNR.

Jameslofton wrote:

True, but I'm talking about a major media blitz, and Axl has been reluctant to do that so far. If he wants this lineup to be taken seriously in all regards, he is gonna have to head to the trenches and get the job done.

The lineup can be cemented with a strategy like this:

Axl does IN DEPTH interviews. Not softball questions, not Slash diatribes, but REAL info regarding the band. He tells the world why the old band broke up, accepts part of the blame, tells why it couldn't go on any longer, and the process of restructuring the band to his particular vision. Then he uses names. Finck, Fortus,etc. Get their names out there. Tell them that this IS Guns N Roses. No wavering, no reunion talk, just tell it straight up.

Do this in various markets such as TV, magazines, and various radio outlets. Have this be like a 3 or 4 month strategy where this is all Axl does. This should actually be part of the album promo strategy. Then, after Axl has hit the media with this, let ALL the members of GNR talk about GNR and Chinese Democracy. None of this gag order shit. If there isn't a gag order and these guys don't want to talk about it, then hand them their pink slip and find someone who will talk about it. Being in GNR isn't something to be ashamed of. There's a legacy involved. Build on it.

If something like this happens, I do believe this lineup can become well known. Its not going to be easy though. Axl is going to get asked some tough questions, but he has put himself in this spot. Time to lay it all out there.

One other thing: The revolving door HAS to stop before this strategy is implemented. If he is iffy on BBF being in the band, bring back BH or someone else he had in mind. If he still wants Huge involved, dump Fortus and bring Huge back in before its time to properly launch the current era. If Brain is still a possibility, bring him back.

If CD and any albums are going to happen during the next 5 years, a stable lineup is crucial to the success and legacy of the CD era GNR.

agree with a lot of this.   of course we'll have to see what happens when there is actually a release!   its hard to picture some of that.. lol.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bringbackadler wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

I only see 5 guys as actually being GN'R. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve. 4 of the 5 of those guys may be ex-members now but they will always be the guys who actually are Guns N Roses to me.

bba

Well dude, that is my opinion. Do you live in Iraq or something ? Is that why you are unable to accept someone else's opinion ?

If in your mind GN'R = a revolving door of musicians that Axl has on payroll, and doesn't release albums with, that's your decision, and you are most certainly entitled to that opinion.

To me, and a shitload of other people in the world, GN'R will always be the 5 guys that I already mentioned.

It doesn't mean that I don't want to hear Axl's new music. Log off of htgth for a day or 2 and you will probably be able to comprehend a difference of opinion a little better.  16

bba

i have no problem accepting other opinions.   what you are saying is not an opinion, its a flat out lie.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

bringbackadler wrote:

bba

i have no problem accepting other opinions.   what you are saying is not an opinion, its a flat out lie.

What's a lie ?

I seriously hate to break it to you bro, but your kidding yourself if you think the majority of casual fans could tell you that Finck & Fortus are guitar players, or that GN'R has "2 drummers in the family." In fact, if you were to tell a casual fan this, they'd probably just laugh at you and be like Axl's fucking crazy and he needs to get Slash back.

In fact, last year when I took a few days off to fly out to a Hammerstein show, I was telling people that I was flying out to NY to see Nu GN'R. My co-workers were laughing and saying how ridiculous this whole revolving door/ Chinese D saga has become. I was telling them how the band was currently on their 4th drummer at the time and that they had another new guitar player because Bucket left. They were all laughing and not one of them knew who any of the band members were that I was mentioning. Hell, some of them are even pretty music savvy. Every one of them knew who Slash and Izzy were though.

My point is, you can bitch and whine all you want, but you know that I'm right. I realize who's in GN'R these days, and I'm not saying that I have the authority to change anything. Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I'm willing to wait for a reunion and give Axl's Chinese D a shot (even though I have doubts about him ever releasing it), but I can't see why you have to whine like a girl just because I said I will always view GN'R as the 5 guys who actually made the name what it is today. There's no lie about it. You just choose to ignore reality.

bba

the dirt
 Rep: 3 

the dirt wrote:

His opinions don't mean he doesn't support what Axl's trying to do, to a certain extent. Just because Axl has kept the name and has had a revolving door of musician dosn't mean he won't give the music a chance.

Take Gilby Clarke for instance. A lot of fans embraced him when he jumped in to tour for the illusions. (some didn't due to izzy and other reasons).

Maybe he wouldn't have said it at the time, but he sure as hell was a paid employee. As he said, after the tour the cheques just stopped coming in and that was that.

I'm sure that in confidence Bucket would tell you that was exactly what he was as well. (sorry james). For Axl he was the trickster guitarist, nothing more. That's what Axl wanted him for.

What about the incarnation that played OMG for end of days? Would you say that was a super tight band of brothers proudly waving the GNR flag? Come on. And Axl raved about the song and the guys who played on it, with a bunch of jibberish i may add.

bringbackadler wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

bba

What's a lie ?

I seriously hate to break it to you bro, but your kidding yourself if you think the majority of casual fans could tell you that Finck & Fortus are guitar players, or that GN'R has "2 drummers in the family." In fact, if you were to tell a casual fan this, they'd probably just laugh at you and be like Axl's fucking crazy and he needs to get Slash back.

In fact, last year when I took a few days off to fly out to a Hammerstein show, I was telling people that I was flying out to NY to see Nu GN'R. My co-workers were laughing and saying how ridiculous this whole revolving door/ Chinese D saga has become. I was telling them how the band was currently on their 4th drummer at the time and that they had another new guitar player because Bucket left. They were all laughing and not one of them knew who any of the band members were that I was mentioning. Hell, some of them are even pretty music savvy. Every one of them knew who Slash and Izzy were though.

My point is, you can bitch and whine all you want, but you know that I'm right. I realize who's in GN'R these days, and I'm not saying that I have the authority to change anything. Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I'm willing to wait for a reunion and give Axl's Chinese D a shot (even though I have doubts about him ever releasing it), but I can't see why you have to whine like a girl just because I said I will always view GN'R as the 5 guys who actually made the name what it is today. There's no lie about it. You just choose to ignore reality.

bba

Bottom line, you like old GNR and JB likes GNR of today, we get it, everyone gets it.     Who ever likes which band is fine, nothing wrong with liking the old or the new but don't consume ever thread with it, there is like 3 threads with the same debate.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Its because there is someone who feels the need to bring up Slash/reunions/old lineup in every thread in the GN'R section. tea.gif

Board footer