You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

monkeychow wrote:

^ Ahh well I can see what you mean then. Although I do disagree and like the songs. But i get where your comming from.

In relation to VR i find it a mix - some of their songs I really dig, but then other stuff is just too modern for me. Like Slither is an awesome song - but the intro to it (before the main riff kicks in) doesn't so it for me. I'm wierd that way.

I guess i dont see anything wrong with releasing music that sounds like its from 20 years ago. As I see music more as different genres (even within rock) rather than one evolving thing. So i see no harm in an older sound returning.

Like when i hear someone play Jazz I don't think "God your a has-been you sound so 1920s" - i think "yeah thats some real jazz" - and when i hear baz I don't think "So 1980s" i think like "ahh..real hard in your face rock". Maybe its me smile

I hardly think Axl did this to help his career.  I think he did this to help out his friend and have fun doing what he does best.   maybe it was also a way for him to get SOME kind of music out to his fans right now since theres obviously a hold up with the next guns album?

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I hardly think Axl did this to help his career.  I think he did this to help out his friend and have fun doing what he does best.   maybe it was also a way for him to get SOME kind of music out to his fans right now since theres obviously a hold up with the next guns album?

I bet anything that the only hold up at this point is Axl's inability to finish this album.

We can go on for the next 10 years blaming legalities, but the truth of the matter is that's just an excuse to cover Axl's never ending delays. I honestly don't think that Slash, Duff, Bucket, Tobias, whoever, give a shit enough to try and prevent this album from being released because of royalties or contract issues.  :rolleyes:

And if you want to believe the hold up is the way of distributing the album, here's an idea.... how about distributing it the same way every other album has ever been released. I mean, the world is by no means going to stop regardless of the way they promote this album.

These are all just excuses and they can be played on forever and ever if you let them. If you just look at this situation rationally, it's not hard to see what  the real "hold up" is.

bba

of course you missed my entire point and went off on some irrelevant shit.   

i'm not sitting here speculating on what the hold up is.  i dont know what it is.  you don't either.  all i'm saying is clearly SOMETHING is preventing the release of the album.  It could be something serious and legit or it could be something silly.  WE DO NOT KNOW.      I'm not trying to answer that question right now, because its pointless.  the only thing that is clear is that there is a hold up of some sort and rather than sit here and speculate on what that might be... i would rather enjoy the music Axl is putting out... even if its on someone else's album.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

Dont know if you guys know bout this but this is what Slash says:

"It'll get done, and it'll come out when he feels comfortable with putting it out," he said. "And Axl works in a different time zone than I do.

"So what may seem like a long time to other people is a tick of the clock to him. It'll come out though. It will." -Slash

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Slash always says it will come out, but he relates the CD wait and eventual release to what the band went through with UYI. Apples and oranges. While all of the UYI lineup pretty much say those sessions were hell, they all(excluding Sorum) had an actual say in what went on. Even Axl himself has admitted that the pressure put on by other members is what caused the records to be released in the first place. Had there been no pressure, and Axl didn't want to tour behind the material before it was released, we would probably still be waiting for UYI.

in the CD era of 1999-2007, he has had no internal pressure to release and has no desire to tour on the back of the material, so what do we have: No album and several AFD tours.

While Axl may be a genius to a certain degree, its obvious by now he requires a push to get things done. This is where him owning the name and everyone being on his payroll creates a conflict of interest for the band itself---Do you bite the hand that feeds you? Kinda hard to pressure someone to release something who pays your bills. Make any demands you'll be walking out the door with a pink slip.

Kinda sucks for Finck and Stinson when something they have worked on for almost 10 years isn't deemed worthy of release but Axl can tinker around with Bach for an evening and its good to go.

I seriously don't know how much longer this band can continue in these circumstances. Its a miracle it didn't implode years ago.

Horrific wrote:

Dont know if you guys know bout this but this is what Slash says:

"It'll get done, and it'll come out when he feels comfortable with putting it out," he said. "And Axl works in a different time zone than I do.

"So what may seem like a long time to other people is a tick of the clock to him. It'll come out though. It will." -Slash

Yes I have read this Slash quote before.

What JB says I agree with, I don't think that Axl did this to help his career at all, he did it cuz Baz asked him and it was a fun thing to do amongst friends and that's it, if it helps him that's a plus but I think as far as what's important to him, the career part is the last thing. 

bringbackadler
We can go on for the next 10 years blaming legalities, but the truth of the matter is that's just an excuse to cover Axl's never ending delays. I honestly don't think that Slash, Duff, Bucket, Tobias, whoever, give a shit enough to try and prevent this album from being released because of royalties or contract issues.

Marc Canter said on Fuse that it was management issues holding the CD up, not that this is 100% concrete the truth but I highly doubt it's legal issues with Slash or anyone holding this up at all, I have heard management issues being said before.    As JB said we don't know what the hold up is and if  Angel Down gets bad reviews, which right now it's not, that isn't going to hold up CD, CD is an entire different animal that will not get affected by this because whether Axl did this or not, CD is already on own path it's been on all this time anyway IMO.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Kinda sucks for Finck and Stinson when something they have worked on for almost 10 years isn't deemed worthy of release but Axl can tinker around with Bach for an evening and its good to go.

I seriously don't know how much longer this band can continue in these circumstances. Its a miracle it didn't implode years ago.

I always wonder about the type of stuff too. I can't imagine what it's like for those guys. I always wonder if the comment Axl made about Tommy at the first Hammerstein show had something to do with that type of thing.

I have been saying this for years about how long they can hang on, some people have said the salary but I think it's a combo of both, I am sure they love getting paid and also going out on tour now every year but I think it's more about standing by their friend because not a bad word in all this time has come out about Axl from any of them that are still in it from years ago, that's gotta tell ya something about the bond they have.   Sure one can say they just don't speak in the press but them being on that stage with him, that really says something.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I am sure they love getting paid and also going out on tour now every year but I think it's more about standing by their friend because not a bad word in all this time has come out about Axl from any of them that are still in it from years ago, that's gotta tell ya something about the bond they have.

Bond or contract ?

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Sure one can say they just don't speak in the press but them being on that stage with him, that really says something.

To me, it says that they don't want to get their asses sued for contract violation. big_smile

bba

Board footer