You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

In my tracklist of ChiDem songs, I can't find a good song to go before Shackler's. I like to have Shackler's go into Better, but any suggestions as to what I put before it? I always have ChiDem first and TWAT last btw.

Riyadh.:buckethead:

Agreed, this took major balls to make it the rocket booster that launches this thing.

deadsouth wrote:

At first, I hated it, 30 plays later, I LOVE IT!!!

Yeah, its certainly a grower.:mosh:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Listen to the sounds in the damn thing. You hear anything from industrial sounds to a fucking classic bluesy riff in there. It's bloody cool. And those close to techno sounds in there and then they do it on guitars too. Bloody fucking cool.

I expected Axl to go into this direction more than The Blues for example. I'm not one bit surprised either. I guesses right and I'm quite happy.

James

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

The dr speaks the truth.

The person that was the best man in my wedding confirmed the above info from Vegas. Short version of above info:

My friend played a closed door demo and they "premiered" Shackler's Revenge

I asked him if he remembered any of the song and he said "I just played it, but I know the chorus says 'Don't ever try to tell me' but I had to call you!"

I let him know that we've heard it and I thought the vocals were mixed low on the chorus and he said it wasn't like that at all in the game.

This is an extremely reliable source.

Its definitely Shackler's Revenge then. Cant get any more reliable than someone who has played the game.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This song is kicking my ass. I had reservations at first about them using such a song launching this thing, but it grabs you by the balls for 3+ minutes and doesn't let go until the song ends.

This song will definitely chart if/when its released as a single. While it does have late 90s Zombie influences, its the most modern sounding track we've heard yet.

When I listen to this track I don't feel like I went in a time machine back to the mid 90's, and I get that vibe from all the other tracks.

This isn't my favorite leak, but its pretty fucking good.

Same here James.  I hear a lot of 98 Zombie with Demonoid Phenomenon in the pre-chorus. 

They're taking a chance by releasing this as the first single, but i think we finally have a song that i could really see tearing up the charts.  They really needed this song to kick people's asses into realizing that they're back and not going anywhere. 

Amazing song.  Could very well be my favorite that we've heard.

What do you guys think about the guitar solos?  Could Rob be on this one?  Someone said it sounds like his fretless  around the 2:40 mark and i could possibly hear that.

Sky Dog wrote:

said it 20 times already but the guitars are insane....I guess we know what Bucket can do with a budget and top shelf recording equipment. I find the most interesting part being that Ron plays on it as well. Those two could throw down together.:nervous:

James

James wrote:

Yeah, the guitar work is amazing. All around.

Kudos to the 100 guitarists that might be on it.:laugh:

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:

said it 20 times already but the guitars are insane....I guess we know what Bucket can do with a budget and top shelf recording equipment. I find the most interesting part being that Ron plays on it as well. Those two could throw down together.:nervous:

Them sharing a stage, i have to admit, would be quite amazing. 

AXL- BRING BACK BUCKET!

With Ron's theatrics, and BH owning every song he touches, GNR shows would be increadible.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

The song is continually growing me. It'll soon be at the top of my "Top 25 Played" playlist.

Industrial Bucket with a Nine Inch Nails inspired Axl!

I'm keen to see how the casual fan and the rest of the masses make of the song. And is it possible GNR.com will issue a statement on the leak or the album anytime soon?

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

the solo that starts at 2:16 has to be Ron. That sounds exactly like his fretless-work. Even the layered solos underneath the last chorus have Ron's sound.

Board footer