You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

bigbri wrote:

The most interesting part of the RS article above is the positive comments from readers.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This song is kicking my ass. I had reservations at first about them using such a song launching this thing, but it grabs you by the balls for 3+ minutes and doesn't let go until the song ends.

This song will definitely chart if/when its released as a single. While it does have late 90s Zombie influences, its the most modern sounding track we've heard yet.

When I listen to this track I don't feel like I went in a time machine back to the mid 90's, and I get that vibe from all the other tracks.

This isn't my favorite leak, but its pretty fucking good.

All this talk about Better, and this song just knocked it down.

This new track could easily be released as the first single, and be modern, and grab listeners imo.

And of course to the old time diehards - 21 - it sounds NOTHING like classic Guns N' Roses.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

from Bri's RS link:

After a mess of leaked GNR tracks popped up a few months back, another new cut has apparently popped up online. 'Shackler's Revenge' (which was supposed to have its premiere on the upcoming sequel to the video game 'Rock Band') opens with a deep-voiced Axl gradually building towards his characteristic yowl, and features guitar noodling that is very likely the work of the man called Buckethead. The song's low crunch sticks with the album's long-stated industrial leanings, and again, layers upon layers of Axls create a particular sort of demented choir. For now, the track is above. We're getting thirsty for some Dr. Pepper.

James

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

All this talk about Better, and this song just knocked it down.

This new track could easily be released as the first single, and be modern, and grab listeners imo.

And of course to the old time diehards - 21 - it sounds NOTHING like classic Guns N' Roses.

I have always thought CD should be the first single(well, an edited version without the intro), but this knocks it out of that top spot.

The only weakness for this track is how abrasive it is. I don't think hardcores expected such a departure, and I know the casuals didn't expect it.

This track will also help get Bucket's name out there more, and thats a good thing.:buckethead:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

It might be helping Ron's name too, James, let's not assume anything.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its like a White Zombie song. Actually, more like a solo Rob Zombie track. Bucket kills as usual.

Guitars much different in this than any other track. I think we are finally hearing Fortus on a track.

Love some of the lyrics in this.

come on james, the solo guitar work on this track screams ron thal... especially the fast playing during the chorus. of course i`m not 100% sure, but to me it sounds more like something ron does.

and i`m still not sure what to think about that solo...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Like I said earlier, the first part of the solo is Bucket straight from Island of Lost Minds. Unless they made Ron play like that, it's totally Bucket. The solo shifts midway to someone else, and the blazing notes under the outro are maybe a third player.

Could there be 4 or 5 guitarists on this one?

James

James wrote:

I'm not assuming anything. He has already been mentioned in the first mainstream article about this leak. You see Fortus or Bumble being mentioned?

We already know Bucket wrote the fucking thing so why the need to try and diminish his contributions? Its amazing how the guy continues to own songs leak after leak but still cant get respect. We already know Ron is on the track also. He said he was.

James

James wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if all guitarists in the 01-08 era are on this track. Hell, Huge might be buried inaudibly in the mix.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

This song is mindblowing bucket22

Board footer