You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: New Design......

dr_love6977 wrote:

I have the same problem with not being able to see user names, post times, and karma.

And....... I think we should have a separate thread for the musicians on hear to talk about gear, tips, excercises, etc.

Hell, I'd moderate the thing!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
downliner wrote:

If you have any other ideas for where we can place the thread initiators username please post them up. I know for a fact that if I remove the last posters username we'll have a riot on our hands 16

You could put it under the thread title, provided that it isn't too long. I know for a fact that this is a pain in the ass to get working in ie and ff, but you could use an ellipsis for the longer titles.

downliner wrote:

Takes up less room on screen, and it offers a quicker representation of when something was posted. Instead of having to manually work out how old a thread is this tells ya instantly smile

Anyone else prefer the original format? hmm

I'm a fan of the new format.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

I have the same problem with not being able to see user names, post times, and karma.

Are you just seeing big white blocks next to the posts? Let me know what browser you're using and I'll see if I can work it out. Seems like the problem resolved itself for others just by clearing your browsers history, cookies, temp files or cache smile

If you'd like a thread to chat with other musicians you're welcome to start one cool Im sure we had a thread started a few days ago for musicians here to share there own tunes etc too

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but when you click "Show all new posts since last visit" it no longer shows the forum that the posts were made in, only the thread title. Sometimes I'd like to know what part of the forum the discussion is happening in so I don't click on something in a section of the forum I care nothing about.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

And....... I think we should have a separate thread for the musicians on hear to talk about gear, tips, excercises, etc.

Hell, I'd moderate the thing!

There is this thread, which I've been meaning to comment in and post some stuff (but I always forget where it is and can never find the damn thing):
http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=1875

But, I also wouldn't mind seeing something a little bit bigger.  I know quite a few of us are musicians here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The long term goal of the site is to have a section for every topic thought of in the history of mankind. downliner "crunched the numbers", and the forum index will be 1.4 light years across. We have to wait patiently until technology can catch up to our goals.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
downliner wrote:

Are you just seeing big white blocks next to the posts? Let me know what browser you're using and I'll see if I can work it out. Seems like the problem resolved itself for others just by clearing your browsers history, cookies, temp files or cache smile

Yeah, it ended up actually fixing itself. Thanks tho!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I have a stupid question... wheres the option to send a PM?  is it just "send an email" now?  I just now realized I had mine set totally to private, so sorry if I missed anyone's messages.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The PM system is messed up big time. Most messages aren't going through. downliner is working on it. I'd advise no one to send PMs until he has acknowledged that its been fixed.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Okay that is good to know about the PM system because I thought I became instantly retarded and couldn't figure out how to do it.

Board footer