You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bob Lefsetz: Best Buy Deal confirmed/Azoff response to leaks

Sky Dog wrote:

I would hope they release another single.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that would make the most sense
- the timing being soon
- a song other than sr bneing on the radio as the first single

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I love how we get updates from friends of people from Pearl Jam forums these days.  Not knocking the source, just a little ridiculous how we have to scrounge for information.  Hopefully it's true.  Maybe we'll get an announcement after the Best Buy convention finishes up?  I don't know why we'd have to wait for that, but who the hell knows?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's interesting that this is making the rounds and the rumors being born out of sources that have no GN'R-bias.

Leads me to sway to it being 'truth'.

Something is happening, but me thinks if it's a Best Buy-only release, slated for Thanksgiving - some sort of announcement has to happen SOON for this thing to be happening. I don't see them just dropping it in stores (Merck).

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's interesting that this is making the rounds and the rumors being born out of sources that have no GN'R-bias.

Leads me to sway to it being 'truth'.

Something is happening, but me thinks if it's a Best Buy-only release, slated for Thanksgiving - some sort of announcement has to happen SOON for this thing to be happening. I don't see them just dropping it in stores (Merck).

Yeah it is interesting.  If the rumor came from a GNR board, we'd have a "been there done that" approach.  But someone from a Pearl Jam board or something of the like would have no reason to make up a story like that.  Hopefully it's true.

it wouldn't surprise me if they release the album and not even say anything about or even support it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I've been whispered to that Best Buy "won" the bidding war with a little help from Wal Mart's censorship policy, something Azoff was unwilling to bend on with the retail giant. Apparently CD will be a stickered album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hmmm.... i'll be interested to see what Axl has up his sleeve, with CD getting a PA sticker. I figured in alot of aspects this would be contemporary-GN'R, but who knows, Baz did describe Sorry like the new Coma. Axl might have some songs litered with dirty & suggestive language like the old days.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i sure hope so 9

Board footer