You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mrbill
 Rep: 0 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

mrbill wrote:

threadhijackbu6.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

A lot of people seem to be saying that the label would use a reunion to markety CD - but I can't see them going for that unless Slash is on CD. I'm not sure the general public will fall for it....

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I had dinner with Duff last night. He basically told me that his heart simply wasn't in this anymore and then he walked out. My point being, I have no point. This isn't about releasing an album on the tails of some magical reunion tour. It's about how do you rebuild something that got so big and replace virtually every member of the crew, every little thing?

It is this year.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

von wrote:

I had dinner with Duff last night. He basically told me that his heart simply wasn't in this anymore and then he walked out. My point being, I have no point. This isn't about releasing an album on the tails of some magical reunion tour. It's about how do you rebuild something that got so big and replace virtually every member of the crew, every little thing?

It is this year.

what?

How did this topic get to be about a reunion? hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

How did this topic get to be about a reunion? hmm

Well to play devil's advocate, for years there have always been theories that a reunion(or a partial reunion) would somehow play into the release of CD. Since we may be nearing the home stretch, its not surprising that the topic has surfaced again.

James Lofton wrote:

Well to play devil's advocate, for years there have always been theories that a reunion(or a partial reunion) would somehow play into the release of CD. Since we may be nearing the home stretch, its not surprising that the topic has surfaced again.

Yes,but if say Slash or Duff isn't on CD how would that tie into a reunion,I mean unless they re-record or add something to the album,or maybe Axl,Slash,and Duff have been secretly recording a new album and somehow no one knows about it. neutral

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yes,but if say Slash or Duff isn't on CD how would that tie into a reunion,I mean unless they re-record or add something to the album,or maybe Axl,Slash,and Duff have been secretly recording a new album and somehow no one knows about it. neutral

There have been many theories, but the most logical one(in my opinion) is the theory that a reunion tour would happen either timed with the release or immediately after the release.

I don't think there's gonna be a tour promoting the album(by any lineup).

James Lofton wrote:

There have been many theories, but the most logical one(in my opinion) is the theory that a reunion tour would happen either timed with the release or immediately after the release.

I don't think there's gonna be a tour promoting the album(by any lineup).

Well yes that does make more sense then some of the shit I've heard lately

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

James hit the nail on the head. I've felt for the longest time that there would be no CD tour to support the album.

The theory would be that a GN'R reunion would be marketed as a REUNION with no ties to CD, but the promotion of having CD out with the brand name of "GUNS N' ROSES" on it, would allow it to get the upmost publicity and help juice sales. I wouldn't be shocked if an anthology album of the old band's back catalog were released to be the album that would be backed by the reunion tour, even if CD was out at the same time.

It's not that far fetched imo. I think recent years, and departing band members for other projects have proven there are no future plans for a new GN'R - at all. KISS put out Psycho Circus, which didn't even have Ace or Peter, and yet they were touring as a reunited-KISS.

Board footer