You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR on 'Body of Lies' film soundtrack / confirmed by BP at CD.com

James wrote:

I can picture the track playing on the end credits of just about any movie. While I do like the song, it seems to be an odd choice as a rocket booster on the launch pad.

Oh well. I'll take what I can get. Bucket's cash register continues to go cha ching and all of his haters over the years continually have to eat crow.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If The World is a great song, GREAT song, but when people see "by Guns N' Roses" ... the world is gonna shit. If it's a launch pad song, people will no doubt be like "this is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses? Seriously? No, no way".

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

If the song is "If The World," then I hope that's a sign it is (1) not on the album and/or (2) not being released as a single. It is my least favorite of all the new GN'R songs.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

For some reason since June, i've had in my head that If The World would be a track released on a CD II or CD III.

I just can't imagine it being on the first record, like Catcher In The Rye is another. But we'll see, it could be a box set for all we know. That rumor has been out there as long as the Best Buy thing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It all depends on how its promoted. If its Shackler 2.0, no one gives a shit. If its actually promoted with Axl making the rounds giving info, more people will pay attention to the track and listen to it. If it hits Itunes, then it really gets put to the test.

Its a shock to the system for some GNR fans. Its basically Simply Red with Bucket on guitar.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It all depends on how its promoted. If its Shackler 2.0, no one gives a shit. If its actually promoted with Axl making the rounds giving info, more people will pay attention to the track and listen to it. If it hits Itunes, then it really gets put to the test.

Its a shock to the system for some GNR fans. Its basically Simply Red with Bucket on guitar.

My problem with the song is not the music, but rather Axl's repetitive lyrics. Something about him ending two straight lines with "me" at the very beginning of the song bothers the hell out of me.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally think Shackler has been absolutely wasted imo. I know the song is not original, but I was listening to it CRANKED today going down the road, and it's just a fucking kickass rocker. When Axl does all that "hell to pay" shit, I get the same rise in me like Jungle does. I just wanna break shit.

Love it.

That is a kick ass track that SMOKES anything in the last five years or more, and what? Nothing.

But if, If The World & Song #2 & T.W.A.T. are gonna be the 'big Guns' that they will market, it certaintly will lend creedence to what Axl's been saying all these years that CD, The Blues & Madagascar are B-sides, thus 'not marketed'.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

tejastech08, you're correct. My tipster isn't familiar with the leaks. In fact, the only info I've got is that it's a Guns N' Roses song. I want to stress again, that does not mean new song. This person would only assure me what they heard was Guns N' Roses. Nothing more. I'll keep my ear to the ground and see if I can catch a look at this movie before it hits, too. By the way, I'm a "member" of the press myself, I just don't get passes to every new movie, only what I've been asked to cover. In fact, I've been covering mostly music for the past year or so. Last press screening I went to was Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Before that was Borat, a solid couple of months before its release. Saw two different cuts screened leading up to its release. Each was different. Never saw the final version, although it might have been the same or very close to the last cut I saw. That could even be the case with Body of Lies. We don't know what cut is being shown and what cut will ultimately be released. Remember that Harley ad?

EDIT: I don't really even want to post this to get anyone's panties in a bunch. I am being tipped that the song played over the credits is If the World. I know that's the popular rumor right now, so while I'll stick by that there's been a Guns song heard over the credits, whether or not it's If the World I really can't say. Different source. New to me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I just finished off half a pot of coffee. The investigation now continues....

UPDATE: BAFTA/LA is holding a pre-screening tomorrow night in Los Angeles. Me being in New York doesn't help our cause. But word will start leaking out for sure. Tomorrow's "open" screening will bring confirmation.

Board footer