You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Interesting read on Axl, touring, albums in Slash's biography

Intercourse wrote:

James,
Again you're spot on. I probably didn't make myself clear. My point is that people should try to see all sides. I am just really, really tired of the 'Slash is a liar', 'Axl is a power mad despot' stuff. If you're that set in your opinions why come to a forum? How can there be any interesting discussions if it's just 'fuck you and your opinion' and nothing much else.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Exactly. My problem with it is (and it's not just Slash) why bitch or tell stories about it years later? Why not just take a stand while it's happening? Because they usually can't for a multitude of reasons, mostly for fear that they'll lose more then they'll gain.

Biographies are not diaries. wink  I love to read both, but only a few artists write diaries. That's it. And for the people who are insinuating that Slash 'wrote this book cause VR tanked'...well...it makes absolutely no sense. First of all he started to write it during the Libertad sessions. And don't you think that more people would buy it if Libertad sold well?

Anyway, it's the closest we can get to the story of Slash and GN'R. It's not the whole story, it's not the 'ultimate objective story', but hey, don't read anything if you wanna find the crystal clear truth in a book. I think it's as honest and sincere as a biography can be. My only doubt is that he's too fair, I think he left out a lot of bad shit, but that's just me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I planned on getting the book eventually but I was in no rush..

however, it turns out my buddy is at an event with Slash right now.. long story short, he is bringing me back a signed copy of his book smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

however, it turns out my buddy is at an event with Slash right now.. long story short, he is bringing me back a signed copy of his book smile

Bastard!

Just kidding.  Enjoy.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

That's cool.   21

I've found it to be an interesting read so far. Wish mine was autographed.

bba

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

If you go to Amazon and look up Angel Down, it lists Slash's book as something else you'd like. I found that amusing.

Well, Axl is on the album, and Axl is obsessed with Slash, so Amazon quickly made the connection.:haha:

Seriously though, alot of the people who bought the Baz album probably ordered Slash's book, so thats why it comes up.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

What's funny really is that some of you were too young to remember or too young to even know the guns, and whatever the age group, we are talking of a band that's been separated for 13 years and whose members were so high on drugs at the time that i personally wouldn't believe any of them concerning memory credibility.

Now, that's funny.

Board footer