You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

bigbri wrote:

Again, the administrator of this site, James, called this old-vs.new debate dead in this thread. What don't you guys get through your fucking skulls?

He even made a thread for it so the simple-minded have a place to go to masturbate to their musical theories and rose-colored world.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 850#p74850

Go there, bookmark it and have fun. Go the fuck at it, because I like to come to these threads to discuss the topic advertised. I wanted to do that tonight. Instead, I come here and see some of the most ridiculous, cocky posts I've seen at ANY fan forum.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The world is biased. My time on the internet over the past 10 years, countless media articles, concert experience, and YES, even discussions with GNR's band members and associates have led me to this assessment.

So the *only* reason someone would be unimpressed with this material is because they are biased?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But how do new band fans ever 100% judge a negative review on the band and their music, as the gospel? Who do we believe? How can we believe? When 9 times out of 10, if I were to take ANY new GN'R song, tell someone on the street it's old GN'R, and they'd foam all over it. But if I tell them it's new GN'R, they'd spit venom of hate against it. If I tell them it's a new band on the scene, they'd most likely be neutral to positive (which has been the case in the last few years).

The old vs. new argument is tired, I agree, but the old fans have to see the new fans side of the argument. It's tough to believe critics and old fans alike, when WE know that if Slash were to replace Robin tomorrow, suddenly the new band would be validated... and that's simply not fair to anyone involved in Guns from 1997/98 to the present.

you can do what i do...listen to what you want with an objective ear...i dont give 2 shits what others think of music...cuz i have my own tastes and my own opinions...sometimes others opinions co-incide with mine..most times thay don't

I like alot of the new material...even my favorite songs some of the most stalwart newgnr fans disagree with the songs i like and i dare say they think they are the worst of the bunch

my 2 fav tracks to date are IRS and Madagascar....everybody hates IRS around here and prolly more than half hate Maddy...do i care? not really you like what you wanan like i'll like what i like...i think if the world and song 2 are shit...am i wrong? some people think so..its all objective man...i'll be damned if i allow some douchebag from Maxim or Rollingstone to tell me what i'm supposed to like

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

maddy made it to number two i thought

i love irs by the way

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

i agree 100 percent. i'd say atleast 75 percent of the negative feedback comes from old timers and 99 percent of those old timers know that it is a new band before they even hear the leaks and so they rip them immediately. the music isn't getting a fair chance and isn't gonna get one when the album is released.  hopefully, the album will replace the lost fans with new ones.

But why tell them its the old band? doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of haveing a new band and letting them forge their own identity? its amazing that a few of the most stalwart fans of the new band would even think of doing that...people should know who are on the tracks so their merits can stand on their own

oofda

this has gotten so out of hand and misconstrued again. certain people are juding new gnr not by it's music alone but with bitterness because of them being called gnr when it is not the same members that they fell in love with. we are not talking about depriving NEW GNR of due credit by lying about who is in the band when the music is sampled to a new and potential fan. we are talking about how the new music is not getting judged fairly when you do tell the truth. certain old timers immediately discredit the music becuase it is not izzy and slash but, hypothetically speaking,  if they did not know the "gnr" they would be about to listen to included a completely different set of musicians than their good old boys they would be more willing to give a song like BETTER an honest listen instead of immediately calling it crap.

does this clear anything up?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

oofda

this has gotten so out of hand and misconstrued again. certain people are juding new gnr not by it's music alone but with bitterness because of them being called gnr when it is not the same members that they fell in love with. we are not talking about depriving NEW GNR of due credit by lying about who is in the band when the music is sampled to a new and potential fan. we are talking about how the new music is not getting judged fairly when you do tell the truth. certain old timers immediately discredit the music becuase it is not izzy and slash but, hypothetically speaking,  if they did not know the "gnr" they would be about to listen to included a completely different set of musicians than their good old boys they would be more willing to give a song like BETTER an honest listen instead of immediately calling it crap.

its not an objective opinion because you are lying to them about who is in the fucking band..thats being deceitful...and using someone elses merits to sell new material...peopel bitch about axl for rehashing the AFD stuff but its ok to tell people that gnr reunited to make Better?

gimme a friggin break....Slash and Izzy do not deserve credit for Better cuz its Robin and Bucket on the fucking guitar...geez its not a ahrd concept to understand

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Again, the administrator of this site, James, called this old-vs.new debate dead in this thread. What don't you guys get through your fucking skulls?

He even made a thread for it so the simple-minded have a place to go to masturbate to their musical theories and rose-colored world.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 850#p74850

Go there, bookmark it and have fun. Go the fuck at it, because I like to come to these threads to discuss the topic advertised. I wanted to do that tonight. Instead, I come here and see some of the most ridiculous, cocky posts I've seen at ANY fan forum.

If you really think that creating a thread is going to end the debate, I suggest you find a place that isn't at all GnR related to hang out.  James can create all the threads he wants and "end" all the debates he wants, someone is going to start them again. 

There's always the don't read it option - that should work for you.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You guys are fighting a losing battle.  It's never going to go away, nor should it.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You guys are fighting a losing battle.  It's never going to go away, nor should it.

we dont expect it to go away...we jsut want to stop every thread turnig nto the same discussion

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

There is a negativity here about how the whole CD saga has been handled over the years (and rightfully so IMO), but I'm talking about the reaction to the songs which is a different beast. I would say the reaction to the actual music is very positive on the whole, but when there is a negative reaction that person is written off as someone who is biased because they live in the past.

Thats a bit unfair. I hate Prostitute. I certainly don't live in the past. Someone having issues with the music isn't a big deal. Its when threads related to Chinese Democracy get massively hijacked with old band discussion that its going too far. If someone thinks the old band is better and that's their main contribution to a Chinese Democracy thread, then a wise thing to do would be saying that in the section aimed at the old band. Same goes with VR.

Discussion doesn't get stifled or censored here. It would just be best for all members here if these discussions can go in the proper place.

Lets say you take a month long vacation and there's a leak when you get back. When you come here to see what leaked, are you gonna be happy if instead of the info you are looking for you see people saying how great Slash was in 1991?

Why don't the defenders of the new band ever address the real issues with the songs instead of making some up?

Is that a joke? People at this site have had plenty of criticisms regarding these tracks for years.

Board footer