You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

James wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's always the don't read it option - that should work for you.

Actually, that doesn't work when I want to talk "Best Buy leaks" after I've been away for a day or so and the conversation has morphed into old-vs.-new.

THAT'S the problem.

Theres a 'Best Buy thread' thread in another part of the site btw.

The old vs new argument is more than relevant in this part of the site, hence the title.

This entire thread was part of the Best Buy thread until last night.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Actually, that doesn't work when I want to talk "Best Buy leaks" after I've been away for a day or so and the conversation has morphed into old-vs.-new.

THAT'S the problem.

Theres a 'Best Buy thread' thread in another part of the site btw.

The old vs new argument is more than relevant in this part of the site, hence the title.

This entire thread was part of the Best Buy thread until last night.

OK, sorry must've missed that. I guess this thread is more than relevant then to th subject then!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

No response to valid posts made over 12 hours ago.  Pretty much proves my point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think that both side of the coin are to blame here...at the start of this argument it was 3-4 self proclaimed fans of the new band who started saying that Slash didnt contribute anythign to NR and Axl was soley responsible for how good the UYI records were...what do you expect the old fans to say?

in my mind the old fans are the ones who see that GNR was a team a cohesive unit that made great music...new band fans think its was always axl's great brain that made it so awesome...i respectfully disagree so we voice our opinions when old members get run down...i know i rarely bring up old members in threads about new band...i only retaliate to derogatory comments made about the orig members

anyway its gotta stop somehow and it appears that buzz has a good idea...lets all refrain from bringing up the old band where its not even remotely applicable to the discussion...there will be a time and place for comparisons...but not these days...not until the album comes out IMO

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No response to valid posts made over 12 hours ago.  Pretty much proves my point.

Oh...you must've missed these questions from me then that you didn't respond to:

russtcb wrote:

Let me get this straight. You're claiming that it's fans of the new band that would like each thread about new news to turn into a discussion about how great the original band is?

And they provoke that response by posting how much they like a new song or member?

Oh no, I responded...I just chose to delete it because you simply aren't getting it.  You don't want to get it.  Anyhow...

Show me anywhere in any of my posts in this thread (or any other thread for that matter) where I said anything near what you're paraphrasing.  What I said was that fans of the new band make comments that beg for a response from fans that prefer the old band.  Then those comments come (as they should) and of course the conversation takes off from there.  The fans of the new band then cry about it to management and management gets on the person responding instead of the one that started it.  You guys bring it upon yourselves, then bitch when it happens.  WTF is that?

Now management wants fans of the new to be able to say whatever they want in the new section, but ANY response from a fan of the old has to go in a thread off the beaten path that nobody looks at.  How is that free speech?  It sure looks like censorship to me.

You want to make it fair?  Move all BH vs BBF discussions to this thread.  It's the same exact thing, but since management likes BH (and granted there aren't as many of them), those conversations are allowed.  THAT is what pisses me off about it.  If you're going to make a rule, then make a rule and enforce it across the board everywhere.  No BH vs BBF, no Robin vs anybody, no Brain vs Matt Sorum, hell - no old Axl vs new Axl for that matter...nothing.  Either honest discussion is allowed, or it isn't.  I'm all for stopping fans of either version of the band from going into the other sections and starting problems, but if something in that section deserves a response, you can't punish the person that responds or tell them that they have to respond in some other area.  That is not free speech.

Now do you get how rediculous this is?  Either it's all GnR related or it isn't.  I offered a solution that was fair to everybody and the only response I get to that is one from you that has nothing to do with solution?  Thanks a lot for listening objectively.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Is it really going to hurt you that much to discuss old vs new here instead of in every thread about a new song, interview or member?

i'm pretty sure its not so much that we are discussing it in here...hes saying that hes not the one to start the arguments in the first place...its usually a fan more partial to the new band who instigates it by talking shit about slash

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

God, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Board footer