You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy dreams (and nightmares)

Thought this might give people a good laugh while we're all waiting for something official to be announced...

I know this is weird but has anyone else had dreams about Chinese Democracy actually being released?  My latest dream/nightmare was a few nights ago:  I was in Target's music section with a friend and suddenly came upon a dozen or so copies of GnR's Chinese Democracy hidden under a corner display for some lame pop album.  I was like "holy shit! the album's finally been released.  How'd I miss that?"  My friend who hasn't followed this whole CD saga and could care less said "So what?" and moved onto another section. 

Anyway, I scanned the back of the album and it was a 2 disc set featuring a bunch of songs I didn't recognize.  I'm thinking "killer!"  So of course I head straight for the check out counter to buy it.  But here's the catch.  The CD wasn't wrapped in plastic.  Confused, I opened it up and it was empty!  No disc inside.  Thinking there was some mistake, I checked another one.  Empty!  And another.  Empty too!  I soon discovered that all the albums had no disc inside!  Then I woke up...

I'm not a psychiatrist but I'm sure there's a lot of hidden meanings to be found in my dream.  How Axl has continously teased us with release dates for the past decade and how various demos have leaked which we are forbidden to listen to.   I think it's the downside of following this whole album release too closely.   I guess after all we've been through the idea of buying the disc and getting home to find its empty wouldn't be all that shocking. 

Hopefully we're finally at the finish line.  Funny thing is I feel like I've heard the album already (via the leaks).  But I'm still hoping one day to actually own Axl's version of Chinese Democracy.  If it doesn't happen this year I may have to go on prozac to quit obsessing about this whole thing.  Gotta love Axl.  He's finally making his fans as crazy as he is!  big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha...that would suck

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I had a dream like that around 2004, when I went into (ironically) a Best Buy and picked up the album, put in the car and listened to it, and it was recognizable songs like CD, The Blues, Madagascar, Riyadh, etc.

The catch was, I listened to an unrecognizable track, that had a mid-to-end section with a hook that kept going "yeah, there was a time..." with guitars in the background.

When T.W.A.T. leaked LATER, and I listened to it, I couldn't breath how shocked I was.

How in the fuck did I hear that song in a dream before HEARING THE SONG IN REALITY?!?!?!

I did have a dream once about the album being released.The dream goes like this.

I dream I walked into my local record store(which is 30 miles from where I live) and I saw that they had the album there and ofcourse I bought it and then I got home and opened it and was just about to put it in the cd player and then I woke up and ofcourse I was very pissed off because you know how it is to dream that you bought something cool and then wake up and you realize that it was just a stupid ass fucking dream. 4

gjuarez23
 Rep: 2 

gjuarez23 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I had a dream like that around 2004, when I went into (ironically) a Best Buy and picked up the album, put in the car and listened to it, and it was recognizable songs like CD, The Blues, Madagascar, Riyadh, etc.

The catch was, I listened to an unrecognizable track, that had a mid-to-end section with a hook that kept going "yeah, there was a time..." with guitars in the background.

When T.W.A.T. leaked LATER, and I listened to it, I couldn't breath how shocked I was.

How in the fuck did I hear that song in a dream before HEARING THE SONG IN REALITY?!?!?!

that happens to me all the time. i always dream then sometimes later on it will actually happen.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I won't lie - 2 years ago I had a dream that CD was released exclusively at Wal-Mart - and I had to drive over 2 hours to find a Wal-Mart that had it in stock. In winter.

=/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gjuarez23 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

that happens to me all the time. i always dream then sometimes later on it will actually happen.

Weirdness.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I had a dream last night that I went to see Body of Lies.  I sat through the whole thing, I guess I got so wrapped up in the movie that I completely forgot that "If The World" was gonna be played at the end.  So my sole purpose for going to see the movie was ruined.  I walked out of the theatre and then I remembered, too late.  Needless to say, I was not happy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha....well at least the movie was decent

Urban Masta
 Rep: 0 

Urban Masta wrote:

I had a dream of seeing NuGNR and Axl singing live, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot".

It was horrifying.

I've had other GNR dreams. I can't remember the specifics though.
I do remember one of them had Axl and I having a conversation beside a public swimming pool. o_O

Board footer