You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Upside of a Best Buy deal

Axlin16 wrote:

I think it'd be awfully dumb of GN'R management, especially after the fans history to contemplate holding back a second or third album special for later release, to just re-release the original album over and over.

Considering the fact 'leaks' and 'sharing' is very prevolent, and the VERY thin line of tolarance with the fans.... I wouldn't start the double-dipping shit.

Like I said, I think the best concept would be a double-disc+DVD for a very limited special time, because the diehards primarily would be purchasing those, then turn around and release a single for the casuals.

I know it doesn't sound like 'maximizing' profits, but it'll definitely keep the long term fans happy.

If you do that, and you take care of the fan base first, when someone PM's us BEGGING for the '2nd disc' that they missed out on... i'm gonna reply 'try EBay'. Because that's fair to GN'R imo. Everyone had a chance at Best Buy stores or on the internet to get that special LE. But if they turn around and do a single release, then ask for a double dip with a Disc 2 (like with The Eagles)... many fans are gonna want to sit back and say "no, i'll just wait to download the bonus disc somewhere, because i've already bought the album once".

And that's fair.

So in theory, in my eyes, doing the special release FIRST, would make better sense.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

not really axlin08 cuz if they do it the other way alot of peopel run out and buy the first one and even though some will grumble alot will go out again  and buy the specicial version later on

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

If there's any double-dipping, I'll be downloading the tracks. I won't stand for that shit. Having said that, if there's a US-only special edition available, I might ask one of our lovely US-based people here to pick me up a copy and Paypal the money over to 'em.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

I'd imagine it might make it more difficult for the album to leak in advance; as it is usually smaller stores which start selling the album early, as happened with Death Magnetic. Best Buy would be under strict advice not to allow that happen. Although it would probably leak out of the Manufacturing Plant anyway. Or from a store in Europe.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

not really axlin08 cuz if they do it the other way alot of peopel run out and buy the first one and even though some will grumble alot will go out again  and buy the specicial version later on

True, but like 11dayempire, if there's a bonus disc release later on, after a single disc I went out and bought... i'll just download it.

Only way you'd get me to buy a double-disc SE re-release is if the 2nd disc featured an all-new album, and the set was still priced as a one-disc.

That way i'd view it, as just buying the "2nd album" so to speak. But if it's a double-disc re-release at like $25 bucks... fuck off.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

What would really be a nightmare is if Axl went all *Smashing Pumpkins on us and release Different cds with different bonus songs at different stores.

*Note: If you think Zeitgeist wasn't a SP record and feel it should be a Billy Corgan album, then You should feel CD should be Axl only. they are in the same situation member wise.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If that happens, then i'll certaintly sit back and wait for a download.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer