You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Re: Which was the last CD you bought?

Locomotive98 wrote:

Blood Ceremony - Awesome
Kings of Leon - pretty disappointing compared to past albums, very samey.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

I was able to buy Dig Out Your Soul by Oasis a day early and I pre-ordered the new AC/DC.

Big Gun what do you think of the new Kings Of Leon? I am looking forward to the new Killers, too, but something tells me it will be a disaster.

i didnt know much about their previous albums only heard the radio singles. it's a soft rock album, the songs have similar pace apart from the current single 'sex on fire' which is a bit faster then the rest. not my favorite song on the album though. after a few spins i still enoy listening to it, so i dont regret purchasing this album.

i like Killers new single...'are we human or are we dancers':haha:(i dont know what he's trying to say there). i wonder though where is the guitar player on this song? sawdust is all b sides and apart from 2/3 songs in there i like the rest. so i'm thinking that it cant be worse than sawdust.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Death Magnetic and the new Motorhead.

Oooh excellent choices.

Runaround Man is what Rock N' Fuckin Roll is all about. 9

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

i didnt know much about their previous albums only heard the radio singles. it's a soft rock album, the songs have similar pace apart from the current single 'sex on fire' which is a bit faster then the rest. not my favorite song on the album though. after a few spins i still enoy listening to it, so i dont regret purchasing this album.

i like Killers new single...'are we human or are we dancers':haha:(i dont know what he's trying to say there). i wonder though where is the guitar player on this song? sawdust is all b sides and apart from 2/3 songs in there i like the rest. so i'm thinking that it cant be worse than sawdust.

Thanks! I've haven't heard any Kings of Leon songs yet. I've heard a lot about them over the last few years, but I've never got around to checking them out.

I am kinda lukewarm on the new Killers single. I've saw where Brandon was talking about the new album and it made me think they were trying to do too much and it might be awful. So I will likely DL it before purchasing it. I actually like Sawdust though.

Cheap Trick - Authorized Greatest Hits

I've always loved the few songs that I hear on classic rock radio, but could see them moving up my list of favorite bands as I become familiar with the rest of their material.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not an actual cd, but I just bought the Itunes exclusive M.I.A. live session from 2005. Its five songs from Arular. Also bought Shake It to the Ground and Wassup Wassup from Rye Rye. Also grabbed Generator from Elastica's Radio One Sessions since it skips on my disc.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Last CD I bought was Slipknot's All Hope Is Gone. Last actual music purchase, being vinyl, was a pre-order of Cradle of Filth's excellent (yes, I'm a downloading motherfucker, too) Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Death Magnetic

I also downloaded a torrent of The Best of Cat Stevens the other day too.

I'm being followed by a Moonshadow....  16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: Dig! Lazarus, Dig!

and

Tori Amos: Strange Little Girls

(to collect everything I like, but didn't afford earlier)

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: Dig! Lazarus, Dig!

(to collect everything I like, but didn't afford earlier)

Good choice, The Cave never disappoints! Had the good fortune to check him live this year yet? Saw him at Brixton Academy in May - electrifying - a loads of classics and newies. The whole thing had a Grinderman kinda edge to it. Brilliant.

Last purchases for me - Blood Ceremony - Blood Ceremony.

Board footer