You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Again back on the topic of CD being released.  Anyone can guess when we'll be able to pre-order CD on BB's site?

Thank you for trying to keep this thread on the topic of current events.

It's a good question if you'll be able to pre-order the album from Best Buy.

My hope would be that right after the official announcement Best Buy would have it up on their site for pre-order.

Now all we need to find out is who'll actually pull the trigger first for an official announcement.  GNR, Uni or BB.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

the gunsnroses.com site is down!!! good sign?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

the gunsnroses.com site is down!!! good sign?

It's not down. Just checked.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Why do people think this is coming out, this is no different to any other fuckin year...release dates from horses own mouths have come and gone, yet you take a game track and an endtro to a movie as gospel...
No one has learnt a thing it seems,

Sky Dog wrote:

Mick, are you drunk or stoned? 5

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

please explain, whats different

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I wish new GNR had been a studio band. Well, one that releases an album every couple years. The revolving door wouldn't have meant as much because the members themselves would be "out of sight, out of mind". They could have all did their solo stuff while reaping the benefits of GNR.

-Jack- wrote:

I remember when the band started touring in 2006 there were rumors the original GNR would reunite at the rolling stones show that got cancelled. Why? Because Slash and Duff were apparently in Europe around the same time, and "why would the new GNR open for The Stones?"

I remember it as well, and that reunion rumor actually had legs. Jagger said years ago that the only way GNR would ever open for the Stones again is if it was the original lineup. Funny how AFD Rehash Vol. 2 continued but that show was canceled. I realize there were other factors involved in that cancellation, but it sure was perfect timing.

The Halfin rumor regarding the Download Festival was also credible as well. There's really no denying at this point that some attempt was made by someone to get the old band back together for at least a few dates on that tour.

Why do people think this is coming out, this is no different to any other fuckin year...release dates from horses own mouths have come and gone, yet you take a game track and an endtro to a movie as gospel...
No one has learnt a thing it seems,

Main difference would be everything regarding Best Buy. There's no denying they have exclusive rights to the album, and Gould played finished tracks at that event.

You have to see the difference in that and the other million false starts.

However, you are correct in saying a lot of this has a familiar ring to it. This could easily blow up, but it would have to blow up a train that's already left the station.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
mickronson wrote:

please explain, whats different

I'm one of the biggest cynics here and even I can see it is different this time. We now know that the album is finished and they have negotiated with a major chain store to release the album. So this time looks a lot more realistic for a release than it did in the past. Being a cynic, I still wonder if something is going to stop it from being released since it looks like there is no band at the moment and there is no promotion for it thus far. But it is also possible this album will be released with little to no fanfare just so Axl can get the monkey off of his back.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

I still wonder if something is going to stop it from being released since it looks like there is no band at the moment and there is no promotion for it thus far. But it is also possible this album will be released with little to no fanfare just so Axl can get the monkey off of his back.

That's my line of thinking as well. Axl can hire Humpty Dumpty and Snuffalupagus at this point. It doesn't matter. All this "OMG!! It cant happen because Fortus is with Rihanna, Bumble playing with tribute bands, Dizzy with Hookers n Blow" is bullshit.

Board footer