You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

Sky Dog wrote:

War, they DEFINITELY get paid for the movie and for Rock Band. Plus, the large up front cash from the Best Buy deal and you begin to take large chunks out of the recording costs. They are moving in the right direction, but they really need another song for the single....doesn't need to be Shackler's because it is too polarizing .

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

People sitting back hoping and discussing a 'release' for CD, are no different than those hoping for a reunion.

The lack of news or factual evidence is equal.

mickronson wrote:

Why do people think this is coming out, this is no different to any other fuckin year...release dates from horses own mouths have come and gone, yet you take a game track and an endtro to a movie as gospel...
No one has learnt a thing it seems,

Except for there's actually.. reason to believe Chinese Democracy is coming out? Best Buy exclusive confirmed, 2 songs officially released, Billboard and BBC both reporting a Nov 23rd date, GN'R's manager playing finished tracks to random Best Buy employees after years of pretty much complete secrecy... even if it doesn't come out this year it's obvious that it's happening.

The reunion evidence? Uhh.. Slash has been nice to Axl in the press? 10..... Hall of fame coming up?

One is a bunch of coincidences and hopes and the other is a bunch of facts and reasons. The only reason the second one isn't completely non-hope based is because people know things in GNR land can do a complete 180 and there's still no official announcement... but even then, this is the farthest we've been and things are actually happening/pointing to the album on the launch pad. The reunion rumors are pretty much the same as they've always been except now people are assuming because Axl isn't gonna tour Chinese Democracy that the new band is gone forever. Axl can just make a new band. Or wait until people come back (which they will if CD is even a semi hit, or they play their single at a MTV show, or anything pretty much)

To me it's obvious Axl and his crew hate Slash's guts and that's all you need to know to know that it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Considering the fact Andy Gould's word is simply word of mouth from Best Buy's people, and nothing has been officially said or released from ANYONE in the GN'R camp.

I'd say 'official' or 'happening' could be just as easily tied into a reunion.

Both have no weight backed by GN'R right now, so to sit back and talk about CD, and ridicule those who talk about a reunion is hypocritical.

I think both Axl & his people and Slash and his people hate each other equally. Doesn't mean that should get in the way of business.

Is CD on the way? Yes.

Am I happy? I'm overjoyed. I love it.

Do I want more new GN'R albums? Absofuckinlutely.

Do I think the new band is dead? Yes.

And that's where the catch is. As a live act, I think these guys are toast. I'm just trying to express my opinion. This isn't about the fact of "aching for a reunion", this is my opinion, is that I think it has now become UNPROFITABLE for Guns N' Roses, in a new form, to go on tour.

Yeah there will be the occasional New Year's show, or headlining Rio or Ring or Download or Inland... but actual tours, I don't think so.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

People sitting back hoping and discussing a 'release' for CD, are no different than those hoping for a reunion.

The lack of news or factual evidence is equal.

Except for there's actually.. reason to believe Chinese Democracy is coming out? Best Buy exclusive confirmed, 2 songs officially released, Billboard and BBC both reporting a Nov 23rd date, GN'R's manager playing finished tracks to random Best Buy employees after years of pretty much complete secrecy... even if it doesn't come out this year it's obvious that it's happening.

The reunion evidence? Uhh.. Slash has been nice to Axl in the press? 10..... Hall of fame coming up?

One is a bunch of coincidences and hopes and the other is a bunch of facts and reasons. The only reason the second one isn't completely non-hope based is because people know things in GNR land can do a complete 180 and there's still no official announcement... but even then, this is the farthest we've been and things are actually happening/pointing to the album on the launch pad. The reunion rumors are pretty much the same as they've always been except now people are assuming because Axl isn't gonna tour Chinese Democracy that the new band is gone forever. Axl can just make a new band. Or wait until people come back (which they will if CD is even a semi hit, or they play their single at a MTV show, or anything pretty much)

To me it's obvious Axl and his crew hate Slash's guts and that's all you need to know to know that it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Considering the fact Andy Gould's word is simply word of mouth from Best Buy's people, and nothing has been officially said or released from ANYONE in the GN'R camp.

I'd say 'official' or 'happening' could be just as easily tied into a reunion.

Both have no weight backed by GN'R right now, so to sit back and talk about CD, and ridicule those who talk about a reunion is hypocritical.

I think both Axl & his people and Slash and his people hate each other equally. Doesn't mean that should get in the way of business.

Is CD on the way? Yes.

Am I happy? I'm overjoyed. I love it.

Do I want more new GN'R albums? Absofuckinlutely.

Do I think the new band is dead? Yes.

And that's where the catch is. As a live act, I think these guys are toast. I'm just trying to express my opinion. This isn't about the fact of "aching for a reunion", this is my opinion, is that I think it has now become UNPROFITABLE for Guns N' Roses, in a new form, to go on tour.

Yeah there will be the occasional New Year's show, or headlining Rio or Ring or Download or Inland... but actual tours, I don't think so.

you can't be serious....but I am sure you are because the broken record is off the charts at this point.:headbang:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

One is a bunch of coincidences and hopes and the other is a bunch of facts and reasons.

Both sides are filled with coincidences and hopes.  Let's be totally honest here.  GnR hasn't said a thing publicly.  Nobody has said anything officially about CD being released, therfore, it is all assumptions based off of things that have happened or have supposedly happened.

This is really the ONLY issue with a reunion.  We don't even really know how Axl feels right now, but we do know that the yes men hate Slash because brining Slash back and giving him membership in the band (or whatever agreement they can come up with for the reunion tour) means they lose thier power.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Sad to see Axlin08 completely lose it before CD finally comes out.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Why has there been no official word about a release? I mean i've been around the block...i know GNR always do things the odd way. But if we are gearing up for a november release doesn't anyone else think it's getting to the point where the silence means that it's again not happening yet?

I mean look at Ac/Dc. I see them as a similar band in that they both somewhat iconic in the classic rock world, and Ac/Dc has had 8 years of holiday between albums and tours or something. Yet their record comes out Oct 16th and i've heard a single from it - and been reading press about it happening for at least a month.

I know axl likes to do it differently. But at the same time the record company and he surely will not do things to harm their album. If its comming out late november..i'd expect some comment about it within say another week - or its just not happening.....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we still have 2 or 3 weeks before we can write off november IMO...i havea feeling that a month or so warning is all we're gonna get

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, like I mentioned earlier in the thread.....Billboard announced the UYI release date. GNR did not go on TV and announce it. Billboard announced it, and every magazine and newspaper spread it.

I'm glad to a certain extent that its playing out like this. It brings a heavy dose of reality to the situation. The coffin can permanently be nailed shut on the "it will be announced on live TV, larger than life billboard posters showing the release, commercials on every channel, street teams dancing in the streets on all continents, blah blah blah" theories that have flown through all these sites over the years.

Its just an album. Its no different than Kala, Death Magnetic, Doll Domination, The Slip,etc. The world isn't going to crack in half by its release, and I think its smart by management to lower expectations into the world of reality.

I can easily see this album released without one peep from Axl.

People are gonna have to adjust their expectations.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I agree with James on this one.  While this album should be promoted a lot, it most likely won't.  We've seen that from day one. 

The most we will get is an announcement, and even that is a little bit of a stretch at this point.  Why tell people?  Best Buy has done that job already.  News outlets are reporting the story.  Only thing a GNR anouncement would do is solidify it in fans minds.

Might as well lower everyone's expectations on this album.  I like this tactic better than Baz shouting "it's mindblowing and epic" ever five minutes.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Sad to see Axlin08 completely lose it before CD finally comes out.

I think it's the economy. 18

James Lofton wrote:

Well, like I mentioned earlier in the thread.....Billboard announced the UYI release date. GNR did not go on TV and announce it. Billboard announced it, and every magazine and newspaper spread it.

I'm glad to a certain extent that its playing out like this. It brings a heavy dose of reality to the situation. The coffin can permanently be nailed shut on the "it will be announced on live TV, larger than life billboard posters showing the release, commercials on every channel, street teams dancing in the streets on all continents, blah blah blah" theories that have flown through all these sites over the years.

Its just an album. Its no different than Kala, Death Magnetic, Doll Domination, The Slip,etc. The world isn't going to crack in half by its release, and I think its smart by management to lower expectations into the world of reality.

I can easily see this album released without one peep from Axl.

People are gonna have to adjust their expectations.

Alot of very good points.

Board footer