You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

Re: What did Appetite for Destruction mean to you?!

dragster wrote:

cool:cool: Yep, what did that mythical album mean to you the first time you made it spin?! I was like hypnotized by that 'new' sound...a little Aerosmith and a little something really new....Axl's voice maybe...that tingle up my spine..like when I first listened to "Lucille" by Little Richard when I was 5. Few artists/bands can give me that feeling!! And you lot?! smile
P.S. - why the hell was the original artwork banned???:flame::flame:

appetitefordestructionafz9.jpg
By dragster58 at 2007-11-07

Rob

I was 18 and it was something unlike I had never heard, sleazy, raw, rock n roll and I loved it.  9

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

It's the album and the music that has molded me into who I am today. It's real. Gotta love Appetite For Destruction.:rock:

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I think I was 8 and I didn't understand half of it but it was just the coolest thing I had ever heard in my life.  Still probably is.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Something about the "Where do we go now" bridge mesmerized me on SCOM .  The song was just so brilliantly put together, yet that bridge made no sense nor fit at all yet made perfect sense and fit so well...this band/album hit me VERY hard.  The more I listened the more Appetite became THE CD that I played all the time.  Often Nirvana's "Nevermind" is credited to be the "hair band killer" but I think Appetite was the beginning of the end.  Sure Axl had "the hair" but there was NOTHING hair band about G'n F'n R's nor Appetite.  This was the first time I totally related to lyrics/music and a band at this level.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

The sound was like nothing I had ever heard before. I loved Axl's voice, loved Slash and Izzy's guitar playing, hell I loved the cowbell in "Its So Easy"!

I was younger at that time, about 6 when I first got into GNR, and the language was something that I couldnt get over. I thought it was so cool to hear the word "fuck" in songs.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

I have the funniest of feelings that after that album, rock had another meaning to what it had (become) in the post disco-duck 80s.

Board footer