You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: Chinese Democracy Starts on Best Buy.com

dr_love6977 wrote:

Plus, the CD versions of A, B, and C are all the same price. There's no way that a version with bonus material would cost the same as the regular and unedited version.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I'm with James in that I'll probably be picking up all three vinyl "versions," but I have reservations about buying CDs at all anymore, let alone variant covers of the same CD. We'll see what the real deal is when the announcement hits, hopefully within the next day or so.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

the only plausible solution, besides just alternating album covers, would be giving each version a unique song, so each album has 14 songs, with one song that differentiates between each.
cd 1 has the general
cd 2 sorry
cd 3 this i love
while all the other tracks are the same.
or something to that effect.

Axelle01
 Rep: 3 

Axelle01 wrote:

Is there a full tracklist out already?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axélle01 wrote:

Is there a full tracklist out already?

No. That's mainly the last thing we're waiting for(actual album the exception).

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

the only plausible solution, besides just alternating album covers, would be giving each version a unique song, so each album has 14 songs, with one song that differentiates between each.
cd 1 has the general
cd 2 sorry
cd 3 this i love

That's a good way to piss off people though. Force us to buy 3 copies to get all of the tracks? I'm buying just 1 cd unless the others are jam packed with bonuses (doubtful).

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

if i could choose anything it would be the mythical UYI tour behind the scenes documentary, making of chinese democracy, and chinese democracy tour behind the scenes and live footage.
i dare to dream....

I would not read into that cover C has been taken down at Best Buy's website at all.

My guess is that they're preparing all of them with pre-orders, tracklists and the final cover art.

I'd keep an eye at http://www.gunsnroses.com today if I were you.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

cd 1 has the general
cd 2 sorry
cd 3 this i love

That's a good way to piss off people though. Force us to buy 3 copies to get all of the tracks? I'm buying just 1 cd unless the others are jam packed with bonuses (doubtful).

That's a good way to encourage people to bootleg it is what it is.

If they were to do 1, or 2, or even 3 alternate exclusive bonus tracks per album, that'd be a surefire way to get fans to buy one version, and just trade out with friends for other versions.

Then again, if it were 3 seperate tracks for three albums, I guess you could look at it for the price of $40 bucks, you're getting one copy of CD, one EP, and two backup copies of CD.

Still seems like a bit of a rip.:/

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Anyone else notice that the website lists all versions of the album as having a release date of 11/25? So perhaps that 11/23 release date isn't official? Guess we will find out soon enough when they announce it.

Board footer