You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

BLS-Pride wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

06-07 setlist:

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
IRS
Better
There Was a Time
Riyadh
If the World
Prostitute

2008 leaks:

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
IRS
Better
There Was a Time
Riyadh
If the World
"Track 2"

Thanks for posting that. To ME that is the best proof that Song 2 is prostitute and not to mention he says the fucking word in the song.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

that list doesnt mean anything james 14

How does it not mean anything? It clearly establishes a connection between songs on the setlist and leaked tracks. Only way it would mean nothing is if several tracks were out of balance.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it doesnt matter much thats why i rarely bring it up...to me the buckmaster description doesnt match the song...thats the long and short of it

and fire and ice is a stretch to me

but that list definately does give credence to the rumor that song 2 is prostitute...its just a 4 minute song to a nearly 7 minute song is a big increase..and that song doesnt sound like AFD at all

sometimes people convince themselves that lyrics are something differnt than what is actually sang on the track

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

that list doesnt mean anything james 14

How does it not mean anything? It clearly establishes a connection between songs on the setlist and leaked tracks. Only way it would mean nothing is if several tracks were out of balance.

btw that was supposed to be a joke tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

What song did you listen to Neemo?

the one where he sings...

"ask yourself what i would do
to drag me down myself
to live with fortune and shame"

or something i dunno what the fuck hes says but i dont think he says prostitute at all tongue

You get THAT out of those lyrics?!?!?!?

WOW

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

tell me about it....i'd kill for lyrics in the booklet cuz i think alot of lyrics we have are slightly off (no offense meant to anyone who contributed to deciphering them cuz you all did a fantastic job) 22

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

What song did you listen to Neemo?

the one where he sings...

"ask yourself what i would do
to drag me down myself
to live with fortune and shame"

or something i dunno what the fuck hes says but i dont think he says prostitute at all tongue

You get THAT out of those lyrics?!?!?!?

WOW

I'm with Neemo on the lyrics.  I think it sounds more like drag me down than prostitute.  BUT, all signs point to song 2 being Prostitute at this time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The only other thing it could be, OTHER than "prostitute" is it could possibly be "proudly doom myself".

drag me down... wtf...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

it doesnt matter much thats why i rarely bring it up...to me the buckmaster description doesnt match the song...thats the long and short of it

and fire and ice is a stretch to me

but that list definately does give credence to the rumor that song 2 is prostitute...its just a 4 minute song to a nearly 7 minute song is a big increase..and that song doesnt sound like AFD at all

sometimes people convince themselves that lyrics are something differnt than what is actually sang on the track

As you know, I'm not a huge fan of the song 2 battle that has waged off and on since the leak.:P But I'll say this...

'Fire and Ice' could mean anything. Just like Axl using the term 'heavy' to describe This I Love. Its in the mind of the person who listened to it. The song dates back to 96-97. These songs seem to have different versions, so why should Prostitute be excluded? Hell, the song CD increased by around 90 seconds on the leak.

I hope you're right and it isn't Prostitute because I don't like it, but my gut tells me it is and I do hope that sequencing is out of order because its not a very good way to end the album.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah i always thought heavy meant as in emotionally heavy....

like on back to the future when marty always says "heavy" like deep...or something

i know some people were/are thinking doom metal when he said heavy in that interview though

Board footer