You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

James wrote:

For years I begged for a reworked CITR with Finck on lead and Bucket playing acoustic. Get rid of May, and tone down that damn piano.

Its a beautiful song bogged down by its music.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I like the piano and love what May did - although if FInck can play in-key and melodic on it I'd rather have him, just to keep continuity. Bucket on acoustic would be cool, but I like the straightforward poppyness of it.

We'll see what version we get.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

For years I begged for a reworked CITR with Finck on lead and Bucket playing acoustic. Get rid of May, and tone down that damn piano.

You say that like the leak has been around forever when it's only been around for 2.5 years.

James

James wrote:

I just think the song could use quite a bit of improvement. It is a masterpiece(lyrically anyways) and hopefully is able to stand out among all these other ballads. The musicians on the track do not rise up to Axl's standards. No wonder he blew off commenting on the track.

If its the 1999 version only polished, it'll get lost in the shuffle of these other tracks.

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You say that like the leak has been around forever when it's only been around for 2.5 years.

I classify 2.5 years as years.

Its felt like forever.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I classify 2.5 years as years.

Its felt like forever.

LOL, well the last 2.5 years have flown by for me. Maybe it's because I was in college during most of that time.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, but it doesn't take that long to start thinking things like that about even a finished song, much less a demo.  Maybe that's not how everybody listens to music I guess, but I do it too. 

Really, that's gonna be a big hurdle for them to get over with all us diehards.  We've already decided how we want a bunch of these "new" songs coming out to sound compared with how they sounded while they were working on them.  When in reality I would assume they were considered mostly "done" when they were laid to tape or played live.

I guess you can consider it a "hurdle" when we're mostly gonna buy the album either way, but it's something a lot of us will bitch about.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

What is bordering on dumbass is Axl's complete silence on everything being leaked....tracklist, release date, and they still won't say shit. If ever there was proof he is insane.....:bs:  I mean the re-recording of Josh's parts which Axl loved is crazy enough to where Brain was baffled. Unbelievable.

As you know I expected it to be a low key affair with very little promotional effort by GNR, but their total silence is truly baffling. I can see why he might wait another week or so and have a couple interviews in RS, People,etc. and doing a tv show or two, but at least have someone, ANYONE update that official site.

Maybe they have a certain date in mind for a formal announcement, and they're sticking to it no matter what.

For all the secrecy over the years, its a bit ironic that he's going to be the last person to reveal the details on the release.

it's not only the lack of promo........

right now people that aren't totally familiar with gnr are going to their site after hearing of the recent hype and the first thing they see is a bunch of negative bullshit.

and a very unflattering picture of tommy and axl.

change it back to the rock band news if you do not want to add something new

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

What is bordering on dumbass is Axl's complete silence on everything being leaked....tracklist, release date, and they still won't say shit. If ever there was proof he is insane.....:bs:  I mean the re-recording of Josh's parts which Axl loved is crazy enough to where Brain was baffled. Unbelievable.

As you know I expected it to be a low key affair with very little promotional effort by GNR, but their total silence is truly baffling. I can see why he might wait another week or so and have a couple interviews in RS, People,etc. and doing a tv show or two, but at least have someone, ANYONE update that official site.

Maybe they have a certain date in mind for a formal announcement, and they're sticking to it no matter what.

For all the secrecy over the years, its a bit ironic that he's going to be the last person to reveal the details on the release.

it's not only the lack of promo........

right now people that aren't totally familiar with gnr are going to their site after hearing of the recent hype and the first thing they see is a bunch of negative bullshit.

and a very unflattering picture of tommy and axl.

change it back to the rock band news if you do not want to add something new

I've been cultivating a theory that somehow time has slowed down in Axl's world.  He actually thinks only a few years have passed, and it's now the mid to late 90's.  He doesn't realize the internet is even anything to be concerned about.  He thinks they just got done with the two year tour for the album that's about to come out.  Brain's drums weren't really set up in the studio for very long.  etc...

That's really the only way it can all make sense.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I really don't wanna lose May in Catcher. I'm so glad it's turning up on the album. I think that and Madagascar are my favorite tunes from it.

Board footer