You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

That's positive.  If they are plugging the free play on the web site that generates more buzz.  Now if we could just get that midnight sale.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Updates?  I keep seeing people saying people are saying great things, but I see nobody providing numbers to back it up.  This leads me to believe that the numbers don't back up the claims...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Here is what the Chattanooga rock station has (no AC/DC?  That makes me question how accurate this is):

1 The Day That Never Comes
Metallica       

2 Bad Girlfriend
Theory Of A Deadman   

3 Believe
Staind   

4 I Don't Care
Apocalyptica       

5 Too Drunk'¦
Buckcherry       

6 Psychosocial
Slipknot   

7 Devour
Shinedown   

8 Inside The Fire
Disturbed   

9 Never Enough
Five Finger Death Punch       

10 Addicted
Saving Abel   

11 Train
3 Doors Down   

12 Down & Out
Tantric     

13 Livin' On Borrowed Time
Puddle Of Mudd   

14 Rise Above This
Seether       

15 Hammerhead
Offspring       

16 Bartender Song
Rehab     

17 Scream Aim Fire
Bullet For My Valentine   

18 Paralyzer
Finger Eleven       

19 It's Not My Time
3 Doors Down   

20 Life Is Beautiful
Sixx AM

They also have this on the front page, so it's not like they are ignoring the fact that Chinese Democracy the song exists:

http://www.rock105.net/cc-common/news/s … le=4469654

Slash Endorses Chinese Democracy

The guitarist quit Guns N' Roses in 1996 after falling out with frontman Axl Rose.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Daily Rock Photos - "Get the latest rock news!"

Former Guns N' Roses rocker Slash has given the band's long-awaited comeback album the thumbs up.

The guitarist quit Guns N' Roses in 1996 after falling out with frontman Axl Rose while the pair worked on the LP - which has taken 14 years to hit stores.

As Rose prepares for its November 24 release, Slash - now a member of supergroup Velvet Revolver - responded positively when played a track from the disc on a radio station this week.

He told listeners, "That sounds cool. It's good to hear (Axl Rose's) voice again, y'know?"

Click Here to Listen to Guns N' Roses' new song!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That has to be one of the worst top 20 lists I've ever seen in my life. Chinese Democracy should be number one by default.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the song hasn't been out long enough to make it on any of these rock charts. These various request lines/shows don't count. Lets wait to see the real charts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the song hasn't been out long enough to make it on any of these rock charts. These various request lines/shows don't count. Lets wait to see the real charts.

You're right. But even if it does end up being number 1 buzz is just going to say it doesn't count because people were requesting it And that's not fair! CHEATERS! 16

It's usually 1 1/2- 2 weeks for some charts.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That has to be one of the worst top 20 lists I've ever seen in my life. Chinese Democracy should be number one by default.

Agreed - even I had to admit that the list is questionable at best.  They are streaming the song though, so that is good news.  It seems like most places are, so if the song fails, it's not going to be because the radio stations didn't give it a chance.

Board footer