You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

tejastech08 wrote:

LOL, that 98.9 station played a shortened version of it. It started with the first guitar licks. The whole Chinese people talking part is cut out entirely.

E-mail him--he will read them on air!

e-mail:

http://www.989therock.com/pages/223879.php?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

LOL, that 98.9 station played a shortened version of it. It started with the first guitar licks. The whole Chinese people talking part is cut out entirely.

Wow, that was quick.  I figured it would get full play for a day at least...

What's even funnier is that was the PREMIERE of it on that particular station. They didn't even play the full version of it ONE time. 16

I'm surprised any radio station bothered with that bit at all to be honest. It's fine as the opening to the album, it works great, but as part of the single it was always going to be cut by the radio. Unless you're somewhere with perfect reception and no background noise the whole chinese talking bit just sounds like dead air. If the track plays in your car you won't hear anything until those drum beats. Makes sense to cut it out imo.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Alright, let's tell him to play the full version--I am sure he will!!!  LOL!!!

e-mail:

http://www.989therock.com/pages/223879.php?

Sky Dog wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What's even funnier is that was the PREMIERE of it on that particular station. They didn't even play the full version of it ONE time. 16

I'm surprised any radio station bothered with that bit at all to be honest. It's fine as the opening to the album, it works great, but as part of the single it was always going to be cut by the radio. Unless you're somewhere with perfect reception and no background noise the whole chinese talking bit just sounds like dead air. If the track plays in your car you won't hear anything until those drum beats. Makes sense to cut it out imo.

I agree.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yet another reason it was a bad choice for a first single...

Bright Eyes, we get it.  You want us to make the song appear more popular than it really is.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

buzzsaw wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yet another reason it was a bad choice for a first single...

Bright Eyes, we get it.  You want us to make the song appear more popular than it really is.

There's a million songs that have intros or outros cut just because it doesn't suit radio listening. It doesn't make it a bad choice of first single, I'm just surprised anywhere played the full intro.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I understand the excitement and its warranted, but I do agree with Buzzsaw in the fact that we as hardcore fans inflate the interest. That's how IRS charted on that one station in 2006. It wasn't thousands of fans flooding the station with requests, it was a few forum fans spamming the station with requests. An example is last night on one of those stations some of the callers mentioned mygnr and/or threads on the site. That's not the type of feedback anyone(including the GNR camp) is looking for.

Neutral feedback is needed to gauge the real interest in this, but it doesn't look like we're gonna get that until the song and album are available for purchase. The sales are gonna have to do the talking since we're not allowed to see what Joe Blow thinks of all this.

I don't even listen to the radio, but it would have been cool to see the general public's reaction. To all you radio peeps: When will the new charts show up?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You guys do realize Sweet Child's opening was 'trimmed' to be radio-friendly?

And you're saying it'll doom CD, umm... okay.

James Lofton wrote:

I understand the excitement and its warranted, but I do agree with Buzzsaw in the fact that we as hardcore fans inflate the interest. That's how IRS charted on that one station in 2006. It wasn't thousands of fans flooding the station with requests, it was a few forum fans spamming the station with requests. An example is last night on one of those stations some of the callers mentioned mygnr and/or threads on the site. That's not the type of feedback anyone(including the GNR camp) is looking for.

Neutral feedback is needed to gauge the real interest in this, but it doesn't look like we're gonna get that until the song and album are available for purchase. The sales are gonna have to do the talking since we're not allowed to see what Joe Blow thinks of all this.

I don't even listen to the radio, but it would have been cool to see the general public's reaction. To all you radio peeps: When will the new charts show up?

But see James that's the problem. We're all GN'R has left. It's been so long, that the casual radio listening audience that loves GN'R, left and moved on to other things YEARS AGO. We're all they have left at a grassroots level to really push this thing.

I think some fans, and management think those 1991/92 fans are still there, and will resurrect themselves to give this a push. No, and for a few reasons. A) Time, B) Different GN'R both staffing & artisically, C) different music era.

The reason this single might struggle for any kind of coverage is that, the ONLY coverage they are getting right now is because of the brand name - GUNS N' ROSES.

This is literally starting all over for this band. Their new sound will have to be accepted as if it's a new band, but the only people that know this "underground" band, are diehard Guns N' Roses fans - the internet.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This isn't grass roots, this is spamming (in my opinion to please a select few).  Grass roots would be getting people interested, not faking people's interest.

Board footer